Thursday, March 05, 2009

Replacements, for a day

If you don't have a mum who barges into the room, shouts your name and asks you what time you're going to wake up, then you should get one.

For the past 16 coming to 17 years of my life, there has not been a week that went by without me jolting out of bed.


Photobucket



Call me weird, but whenever I'm asleep, I can feel my soul somewhat seeping slowly, more like detaching from my body. And every time I get this sudden unannounced intrusion into my room, I can feel my soul jump back into my body with so much force that I'll literally jump up, with my heart palpitating wildly.

Upon realization that it is my mum and no one else, I rub my eyes groggily as I tell her that I am awake now.


Photobucket





Sometimes I find it annoying because having slept late the previous night, it wouldn't do justice to me if I were to be awoken in the early morning.

But as odd as it sounds, I'm glad that till now, my mum still does it, because sometimes I do hit the snooze button a little too often, and/or I'd not even set the alarm for an appointment.


And I must say, my soul is taking this shock every week pretty well, because I've become less and less
terpranjat by parts of horror films that were meant to scare us.



To add more effect to this heart palpitation experiment, I suggest you get a dad and a brother who can't turn the door knob quietly. And just like my mum, they have to barge into the room. And no matter how much they try to be quiet, they're bound to mess around with some plastic bag that makes the thrashy sound. And then they'll accidentally drop something near you or on you. And if you're lucky, they might trip and fall on you.


If that isn't enough and you want to have a taste of death, then you should get a black sausage dog that leaps onto the bed at any random time just to snuggle up to you.


Photobucket




If you want them but can't find any, fret not, these are my family members. You can borrow them if you want, but only for a day.


Hahha.




Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment