Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day out to Orchard

Edited. With pictures!


LONG & BORING. BEWARE.




The day started off pretty badly for me. I had accidentally swung my watch at the railing while making my way up from the carpark. It was really humiliating as the sound of my watch hitting the metal was really loud, and many drivers stopped to look at me (it was that hard).

I tried to feign ignorance but I couldn't help but chuckle to myself because there was this lad that
terperanjat when he heard the sudden loud sound. And I swear, the little "jump" that he did, accompanied by the shocked and traumatized (why did you do that?!?) face was simply, priceless.




And I thought the humiliation would end there. But as I made my way to the MRT station, I didn't pay attention to this drain "cover" that was not really a perfect fit to the drain.




And I tripped on it.





As always, there were many patrons who had alighted from buses and MRTs and unfortunately, they saw my horrid moment of embarrassment. But like how I usually do it, I looked back at the drain, made a "tsk" sound to it (as though it was "it's" fault for being there and disrupting my path). Then I had a frown put on my face till I managed to hide in Prime supermarket to chuckle at my clumsiness today.




If only I hadn't threw my tantrum at home. Karma would have been much kinder to me.



yoga Pictures, Images and Photos



After I blew off some steam, I waited as Jeanice and Syuh made their way slooooowlyyyy to our meeting point. It was funny how Jeanice got tricked by our term of winegums.


Thereafter, we headed to Orchard. What was supposed to be a job hunting day for Jeanice, ended up as a pretty awesome but childish day for us.


Off we went, to Paragon. Or as how
some people put it, Pentagon.


Time spent in Muji was pretty much a bitter sweet experience because we had a chance to touch and try it out each and every one of the items there, but had to face the evil Tink monster who was super indecisive and whiney (hahah) on her items to buy. Her overrated enthusiasm for Muji items never fail to Amuse, Annoy, Amaze and Horrify me all at the same time (AAAH). Hahah.


Then I spotted some guy who was making balloon animals/swords/flowers/ whatever the kids wanted, and thinking that he was a clown (from his outfit, he seemed to be one), we decided to go closer to 'as termed by Jeanice : "See his face". '


We were disappointed because his face wasn't a tad bit near the word 'Clown'. But we were all happy again when we say adorable Caucasian kids with awesome hair.


Curiosity made us sidetrack on our journey and we ventured into the "Paradise For Kids". In simple words, we headed to Toys R' Us.


That was where we lost track of time as we happily pranced about (exaggerated). We were only at the entrance but we had already lost hours there. Why? Because we were busy pressing the "Try Me!" buttons for the creepy Chuckie-like dolls. I couldn't help it, the "Try Me" buttons were calling my name, begging me to press them. And true enough, I had mini heart attacks every now and then when the mouths, eyes or even hands started moving.


THEY ARE ALIVE!





We even had time to buckle Patrick the Starfish in a pram.


Okay, it was only me, and I sure was engrossed in "Safety first"!




But Syuh does look to be awesomely happy to have Patrick as her child. Hahah.





And the craziness did not end there, for when we shifted to the "Soft Toys" section, that was where we all went crazy.


No, it wasn't just me. Jeanice was just as crazy.







I decided to go on a "shopping spree" for Monkeys, hippos, elephants, Patrick, dogs and bears. I then decided to ditch all of them and reselect my "Chosen Ones" which were all Monkeys.

Syuh had this obsession over Master Monkey's puppet from Kung Fu Panda (the movie).





And I must say, it(the puppet) sure was one
UGLY thang. The puppet did not do justice to Master Monkey AT ALL.



See what I mean?










One more time now.. And say it with me, UGLY!!











So there we were, walking around Toys R' Us, Jeanice with her Spongebob, Syuh with ugly puppet and me with an armful of monkeys.










Obviously, there were stares from lots' of people, but we were too thick skinned to even bother. When we all had enough with the soft toys, we put them back and wandered into the "Sports" section.


There Jeanice tried her talent and hula-hopping but got seriously burned.
Better luck next time! And Syuh made a fool out of herself when she tried spinning her "weapon" round' her hand.



Speaking of weapons, Syuh, Jeanice and I got into a fight....







With one another.....




Apparently, we were such die hard fans of Spartans and fighting scenes that we had to make one there and then.





"Armed with an Axe, Jeanice attacked us with all her might. I swung at Syuh with my Giant Plastic Toy Hammer but it was making too much noise with the "honking" so I ditched it.



Syuh took Patrick's innocence as an advantage for she jabbed him continuously with her sword. While I seek cover from a swimming float as my shield, Syuh headed to the weaponry section to arm herself with a CARS bat. She swung, jabbed and poked Patrick till he was nothing more than Lifeless.

Raged by her vicious actions, I took a "long balancing beam which is for fights in the pool?" and swung it at Syuh. She too picked up the other beam and we began attacking one another with it. All this while, as the battle was on, Jeanice stood aside, cheering for both teams.




The battle only ended when both of us were out of breath, and my beam was "broken". Setting aside all the hatred for each other during the battle, we gave in to each other and called it a 'Tie'."


The battle was more of us laughing then really fighting, so we were pretty much breathless from all the giggling.



Then we headed off to the "Baby Section".


Babies have the bestt lives ever! They have awesome potties, cool toilet seats, chewy toys for teething, and sweet toys, be it electrical or plain cloth type.

How to not be jealous?



Anyway...


We visited our "Heaven" before ending the day. Our "Heaven" sold the old versions of kinder surprise!



Yes, this ones!





I got myself a bag of Jolly Rancher Lollies and a can of Dr. Pepper before leaving.




The day ended with us walking around aimlessly in Orchard, mainly due to Jeanice's misdirections. But it was all fun.




Till then


*Photo credits to Jeanice


Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment