Monday, March 09, 2009

Machines Of Malice part one: My Vicious childhood

I've edited the time for this post so that you'll read part one first, and then part two. Just so that you get what I'm talking.


If you've never been sadistic for a period of your life, that means you're gifted.







What do I mean by Gifted? Well, it means that you're so happy that you never once thought about bitch slapping someone, strangling someone to death, or any horrific thoughts of death on someone you despise. Yes, you're so happy that you're probably screwed in the head.


I however, used to be (or maybe am still) a sadistic person. As a child, I always waited for rainy days to come because it would mean that there would be tonnes of earthworm at, on, and around the playground where I used to stay. I would happily dig those poor drowning worms up and happily display them on the swings, slides and all the spots on the playground, even dangling on the rooftops. Then I would hide and wait for some stupid kid to go out and play. Where I lived, kids were squeamish. And a loud shriek from a girl who found an earthworm wriggling in her hair would make my day.


Now the fun did not end there.

Sometimes when the kids did not come out to play, I would take an earthworm and mutilate it. The awe of it's survival despite being severely mutilated, enticed me to cut it up into many more segments. Then I would take it's head (or was it the tail?) and throw it near a nest of ants to see what happens.


If that didn't cure my needs, I would then search for
humungous (exaggerated slang) black ants and similarly sized red ones and have them attack each other. Little did I know that I was already having my own "WarCraft/ Command & Conquer" game going on.


(I actually had a lot of fighting fish back then to fight.. Duh..




But they were too beautiful so I kept them instead. But one day when I came home from school, I found all of them dead, because my brother made them fight one another. Was I depressed then..)


The red ones always seem to be victorious.





But I wasn't satisfied, and so, I'd take two red ants and interlock their pincers. Sometimes, I'd even throw in a spider of two. But mind you, I've been bitten a little too many times just for the sake of my curiosity. When it hurt too much for me to enjoy it, I'd then take chalk and draw circles around the ants. It's funny because ants just can't seem to walk across chalk. (I once did it by drawing a line in front of an ant, and it couldn't walk across it. Sadistic as I was back then, I couldn't help but to draw a circle, and then they were stuck in there forever.)

Don't get me started on the plucking of wings and legs. I'm sadistic, I know. Sue me.


After victorious exclaiming that they were at my mercy, I'd walk away and find some other insect to mess around with. And then I found snails...


I'd sprinkle salt all over them and watch in amazement as they squirm and struggle in their last throes of ressurection. Now don't blame me for being sadistic, one has to resort to ways before one can answer their own curiosity. And if you're wondering why snails and slugs die how they do, it's because of Osmosis.


*Side track (I may have failed Bio but I clearly remember Bio's Osmosis, because of that experiment that got my mind screwed. Hahah)

Snails and slugs have a high percentage of water in their body. Their skin is also more permeable and so when you pour salt all over the snail, the salt concentration on the outer surface is more than in the body of the snail. Osmosis is of a net movement of water molecules from a region higher water concentration to a region lower water concentration through a partially permeable membrane, in this case, the skin.

Thus, the water in the body of the snail, moves out of the body in order to have an equal concentration both on the surface and in the body. The snail then dies from dehydration because it is much dryer than it is.

(See! I made it without having to check any bio book! Okay, action ah..)


There were too many experiments that I carried in which I can't remember. Those mentioned above are the ones that I would do almost every single day. I was a lonely child then. Evil demons must have possessed me back then.

You should have seen when I had swung at full rage against red ants.

This is actually not the point of the post though, I wasted space just talking about my childhood and not the topic of the post. But who cares.


Part two, the actual post, shall be up next!




Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment