Sunday, March 22, 2009

Cravings and Addictions

No worries, this isn't a post about some confession of a drug addiction. Instead, it's my confession for candy addiction! Everyone has a kid in them, and when I see candies all around me, the kid in me is AWOKEN.

After visiting "Heaven" and spotting and 'feeling' all the "as my brother puts it: Antique Candies", I couldn't help but crave for another trip to "heaven". I can't really settle down till' I get myself a bag of Starburst.



(I don't really like Soda Slammers though. I LOVE the Sour Fruit Chews!)



They're my all time favourite candy. And when I got to meet those little suckers, I immediately got hooked to them (my Grand Aunt from Perth got them for me when she came back to Singapore for a visit).


Who can say no to a bag of sweet, sour and chewy delights?!?


If you wanna know more about it, Click Here!


I bet by the time you're done with that site, you'll be up and about to find some too.


The disappointing bit is that "Heaven" doesn't sell tht Sour Fruit Chews, instead they have Jelly Beans. And I know Candy Empire sells them, but heck, they're EXPENSIVE.


Maybe we should head down to the other "Heaven", eh Syuh?


Oh, and I miss Malaysia trips, because I love the Hubba Bubba bubble gum there!








Speaking of cravings and addiction, what's the one craziest thing you have done for any of your cravings?


For me, I had a "Green Tea Day". And that was on 13 April last year. Hahaha, I was
that crazy for Green Tea.


Let me go into DETAIL (just so I can annoy you).


I woke up and got out of bed. I headed to the toilet with my green toothbrush. I took a bath with 'Ginvera Green Tea Shower Gel' (it was funny how this shower gel part totally fitted in for my "Green Tea Day") and got dressed in a green top with 'Dirty Green' Bermudas.





Of course I had to brush my teeth, and with what you say?



Darlie Green Tea toothpaste of course! I had to get myself a small tube of it, and it tasted Gooood...




I didn't really had my breakfast, but I made myself a cup of... Oh you know, Pokka Green Tea! (I managed to get some teabags of Pokka Green Tea from 'Giant', another great store)








Then out I went. To where?


To 'FortSiloso's Herb & Spice Garden! Well, it wasn't really about Green Tea, but Green Tea is part of a herb what.....

Anyway, it was a really great place because being partly Peranakan and a food lover, I got to see the many lovely herbs and spices. It was really tempting to pluck a few to bring home, but I kept my hands to myself. When all was done, I was out of there as quick as I could.



It was still early, so I settled for some 'Green Tea Beancurd' or as how most put it, Tau Huay. It wasn't really good, but it sure had my tummy filled.



(Minus the Kiwis and the glamour bowl. Mine was in a Tupperware. Again, this was from the web).


Skipping lunch, I decided to wander around Singapore. (Fast forward...) And managed to get my hands on some Green Tea Ice Cream.


green+tea+ice+cream+on+cone Pictures, Images and Photos
(That's not my hand by the way, I got all my pictures from the web. and I know it looks like Cow Dung.)


I didn't really like it at first, and the fact that it looked like that(above), it wasn't helping much. You know how light is an oxymoron of dark? And how good is any oxymoron to evil? Well, ice cream is pretty much an oxymoron to Green Tea.


I had to finish up the ice cream before I could move on, and something miraculous happened. As I gulped down the ice cream, my taste buds grew more and more in love with it. Maybe my taste buds were numb from the cold of the ice cream, but after I was done with the ice cream, I wanted more!



But I couldn't stay for another one, because I had to complete my 'Green Tea Day'! I then visited 'Farmart Centre'. Again, it wasn't about Green Tea, but at least it was still Green!

"Imagine walking through the plots, enjoying the growing lushness of green vegetables, smelling the flowers or admiring the trees with their bundles of fruits while experiencing the joy of harvesting the produce you have selected..."


Click Here!


The place was simply amazing. The organic section was pretty much fresh and clean. It was really alluring to get some of the stuff there, home. And true enough, I did! I made my way home with a few bags of veggies and potted plants.


While trying to stuff the bags of groceries into the fridge which was already so full that it could explode, I found myself a packet of Kit Kat.


What has it got to do with Green Tea? Well, it was Green Tea Kit Kat!





I think it was from someone who got it for us from overseas, but it sure wasn't good! Like the ice cream, it was an oxymoron to Green Tea, because it was too sweet, which eliminated the bitterness that Green Tea has.


I decided to ransack my fridge and found myself the piece of Green Tea cake that I wanted to try, but was saving it for "this moment". To make it more Geen Tea-ish, I bought a can of Green Tea from the vending machine that near the void deck of my home.




(The cake wasn't really shaped like that. Nor was the Green Tea. But this was the closest I could find in the web).



I was really bored because I couldn't find any Green Tea games or shows to watch, and so I left to wander around Causeway point.


Causeway point wasn't really a fan of Green Tea, so I ended up walking around in Cold Storage. I found some really nice smelling tea (I know, it's not supposed to be involved in "Green Tea Day", but it wouldn't hurt trying it out on another, would it?)

After spending quite a lot of time in Cold Storage, I checked out at the counter with the nice smelling tea. Hahha.


It was nearing to dinner, and my tummy was rumbling, so I settled down at Starbucks to try their Green Tea Frappucino. I was really scared of trying it at first because I thought that melon syrup with whipped cream would ruin the Green Tea taste. But curiousity got the better of me and I ordered one for myself.






I was actually surprized at how good it tasted! Well, the melon syrup and whipped cream did ruin the bitterness of it, by shocking you with the sweetness. The ice wasn't really blended properly but hey, it was still pretty okay for a first time. People around me thought I was some weirdo when they saw me drinking delightedly from the straw.


That was the first, and it pretty much wasn't the last time I will be trying it. I've not made any specifications to change the drink yet though.


Maybe next time, I'll try it without melon syrup and whipped cream. And maybe make sure that the ice is blended properly. (Whaaat? I paid the money, so I expect it to be done up to standard every time. Consumer's right. Hahah)


Dinner wasn't really "Green Tea" so let's skip that part shall we? But I did have Green Tea as my drink during dinner though.


Anyway, once home, I decided to wash up with my 'Ginvera Green Tea Shower Gel' before making myself a cup of all natural Green Tea. This was a bag specially bought by my mum's friend from Japan. I didn't realyl carry out with the pounding and stuff. It was paste, so all I had to do was to pour water, sift it, then pour water again.








It was Goooooood.


Before bed, I had my teeth brushed with my green toothbrush and 'Darlie Green Tea toothpaste' again.


And that was how I ended my "Green Tea Day"!


(Note: I was alone throughout the day because no one was crazy enough to have "Green Tea Day" with me. But my family didn't really care that I had been eating green tea stuff all day, because as how they put it "Kethlyn always beats the word 'weird' just by being herself".



Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment