Saturday, March 14, 2009

I am young, so.. I will say NO to teenage dating violence

Photobucket

Click on the picture!


Visit this site to know more about the competition! (yzone.omy.sg/ybloggist)




In a modern world like ours, technology allows us to follow the lives of our idols.


Fashion becomes a religion, and celebrities become the "Gods".

Celebrities like Victoria Beckham, Paris Hilton, Kanye West set the trends and we follow. Come on, who have not heard of Kanye's specs? And who have not wanted Paris Hilton bod?

Girls go anorexic, and many splurge tonnes of money just to look as good as the "Gods". (Click Here to read about my post on Vanity and perfection.)

We feel unsatisfied with what we have, and we feel insecure looking how we are, because the "Gods" are always a level or two ahead of us.


Now not only do we follow the trends of the "Gods", but we follow the things that they introduce into our world. From diet pills or any other aesthetic products, to the 'light-heartedness'of marriage. No, I'm not saying that all celebrities who get divorce are wicked, nor do they not have the right to get a divorce.

What I'm saying is that people, majority of us,despite teaching kids to never learn "Monkey see, Monkey do", we often fall into this puddle of misinterpretation that 'the "Gods" did it, so can I'.


Through the media and paparazzi, we learn about celebs drunk driving, fighting, going to jail. And which, I might add, they make it sound so simple and easy. Kids, adolescence think that by imitating how their celebs behave or dress in public, they would instantaneously be cool.


Again, I am not saying that media and celebrities are to blame for all the happenings around the world. I'm just speaking of the Influence it has caused.


Speaking Influence, I believe that the whole "Chris Brown 'Beat Her Down' with Rihanna" would not be at peace. For one, Rihanna's face was bruised all over. Secondly, she decided to get back together with him, despite family, friends and fans, encouraging her to leave Chris Brown. And lastly, they're actually married now.(Click Here to read about my post on Chris Brown and Rihanna.)


Now this whole issue with Chris Brown allegedly hitting Rihanna has definitely brought
Teenage Dating Violence under the limelight.


"Chris Brown did it and Rihanna still married him, so can I".
"Rihanna loves Chris Brown despite him beating her. I love my Bf too, so I'll stay with him, despite him beating me".

These are the misconceptions that kids in relationships would have.

I do believe that more and more cases of abusive relationships would come to surface in a matter of time.



Did you know that 1 out of 5 teens have reportedly been physically and sexually abused by their partners? And girls ageing from 16 to 24 are the majority of the victims in these abusive relationships. As said by Katie Couric.








This is no laughing matter.


Abusive relationship is indeed a crime. Love should not hurt, and if it does, ask for help or tell it to someone else.


If he hits you once, he'll hit you again. As said by Oprah Winfrey.





Even Tyra Banks has stepped in on the action.
Click Here to Watch The Video On The Tyra Banks Show



So girls, don't be a fool to go on with the relationship just because you love him. If he hit you, he doesn't love you. Leave him because he just isn't worth your love.

Come on, say it with me now...



I am so young, so... I will say NO to Teenage Dating Violence!



One more time now!



I am so young, so... I will say NO to Teenage Dating Violence!



Take your stand. Do the right thing. Love yourself for who you are, and never let yourself or your body be a victim to any abuse. If you need help, there are many websites that you can go to, to seek help. You can even sign yourself through counselling, or even tell your closest kin about it. Anyone can help, if you are willing to open up.


Here are some sites to visit:

http://www.loveisnotabuse.com/
http://www.thatsnotcool.com/


Credits: Perezhilton.com (Don't we all love him?)


PS: I do not stereotype people and I never said that all guys are abusive.
And I would have this post up even if I did not take part in this competition. I saw this opportunity, and so I thought, why not merge the two ideas. And hey, this post came about.



Do support me! If you want to, that is.


Loves.



Visit this site to know more about the competition! (yzone.omy.sg/ybloggist)



Click on the Picture!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment