Saturday, January 31, 2009

Anger Management

As I type this, I am trying to get over a certain anger that is building up in me. The kind of anger where you feel like punching slow walking people at the back of the head, or throwing things just to see it break.

<span class=


Fortunately, I did not unleash my great powers (just let me exaggerate okay. Hahah) as I saved myself by having some "Me time". I sang aloud to songs, skipped around the house, boogied to music videos, cuddled my dog, threw pillows around, and even waved to the pedestrians at the MRT station outside my window. Unfortunately, my dad was at home, so I couldn't do anything extreme. But he didn't bother about me anyways.




Now the reason as to why I am angry is not important. What's more important is how to deal with anger.

Often, anger pushes us to the brim, where we feel like ripping our shirts like the Incredible Hulk.


Incredible Hulk Pictures, Images and Photos


Now why is it so hard to get over Anger? Well, it's basically because it is associated with "Forgive and Forget".

Often, it is said that if you can forgive, then you can forget about it. One can't forget the issue without forgiving the person. And so, your anger will subside once you're done with the forgiving and forgetting.


In most religions, like the Christians, they believe that one should always forgive the person who triggered their "anger button".


There were quotes like this: (and no, I am not a Christian, but it wouldn't hurt to read about it, would it?)

  • But I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in Heaven for he maketh his Sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain in the just and the unjust. (Matthew 5:44,45)
  • Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say unto thee, until seven times: but seventy seven times (Mathew 1:21,22)
And then there a quotes by famous people:

  • The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong (Mahatma Gandhi)
  • There is no revenge so complete as Forgiveness. ( Josh Billings)
  • To err is human, to forgive is divine (Alexander Pope)



Or if you really can't do all that, screw it. Just punch your brother or something!



*Credits : http://www.bibleinsong.com/Promises/Spiritual_blessings/Forgiveness/Forgiveness.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment