Friday, January 30, 2009

Freaky Friday

I was disturbed from my sleep at 6 plus by an SMS sent by the MOE. Yes, it was about the posting of the JAE results. I must say, I wasn't really pleased about where I was being posted to, because I had pinned alot of hope into getting Child Psychology.

But then again, I will accept it with open arms. If things aren't meant to be mine, then I shall work on other important things, and stop drooling about it, isn't it?


The course that I'm taking has somewhat something to do with kids, so I will definitely build my way up into achieving the dream of being a teacher in the special needs school.


Well, I thought I'd be alone in this battle, but hey, I found out that Ash is in the same course and school as me! So yeah, that's a good start.


Sometimes, I just feel like running to my extended family with arms open, exclaiming "Let's leave Singapore behind!". Singapore seems to be a stressed up place. Even now, we are judged by our intelligence more than personality and capabilities. Gone were the days where experience won the game, not Certificates.


It really sucks sometimes to so limited. Are they saying that only people who score well can become psychologists, while people who don't do so well, become something else that isn't popular anymore?


They always say that they don't judge by intelligence and aggregate, then how come we're limited to courses because of our aggregate? Isn't the past not equivalent to the future? Shouldn't we be given the right to prove our worth?

Hopes, dreams are dashed just because of a stupid cert that states our intelligence. I'm not full of regret, but full of disgust at how the society manages the old and "Un-intelligent".

They ask us to extend our retirement age, yet terminate those who are old. They take in intelligent scholars who know nilch about experience. Is our world becoming a place for educate fools?


I wonder.



And no, I'm not bitter because I got my 7th choice instead of the 1st. Because everything's okay. For now.







I'm addicted to Beyonce's Sweet Dream. But I only like the "turn the lights on" part. Hahah


You can be a sweet dream or a beautful nightmare.



Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment