Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Interview at Temasek Polytechnic!

One word to describe the interview: Nerve-wrecking.



Photobucket





I received a call last night at around 10pm. ( I really need to freakin' kick the habit of being "selective" to the calls that I pick! Hey, at least I admit that I "avoid some people's calls, especially numbers that aren't registered in my phone. I'm trying hard to kick the habit, but if you need to call me, and want me to pick up, register your number in my phone, or at least text me and say it's you. Can't blame me, blame the KFC guys, right Syuh?) Okay, it was more like a miss call.


Well, I didn't call them back. And you would've thought "
so how did you make it for the interview?". Well, my friends, there's something called the internet, and I was lucky enough to check it last night.


They did leave their numbers behind and hey! They matched my missed calls. Okay, so it was too late to call them back, and so I waited for the next day, which was today.


Anyway, I actually set my alarm to call them at 10am (hey, it was early already, having that I slept at 4am) but I freakin' missed another call from them at 9.24am! Damn, when I woke up at 10, I made sure I called them back, and I did!



Okay, putting all that aside, you might be thinking "
say what course you take lah! Type so much!"


Well, I applied for Psychology Studies and Early Childhood (cut off point is 9 leh! How can? I've only 13 points!) through JPSAE (Jeanice, I asked you to apply hor!) and that explains the interview. I was lucky enough to be one of the shortlisted few and it felt awesome to actually step in Temasek Poly.


Anyway, I almost got myself lost while finding the building, but fortunately, I made it on time. There were some ice-breaker games(it was a much gentler version of Wacko!) before we began the interview. I had no idea as to why I was placed as the last one to be interviewed, but it was awesome anyways, having to chill with people I didn't know.


Before I left home, I told my mum that I was worried that people might think of me as a freak, from the way I dressed, to my hair, to the way I spoke. But when I reached TP, I realized that the interviewees there were just as fun.

I did make some good friends, like Mabel, Grace Song, Li Min, Hanna, Elsa and Jia Qi. Li Min was the wackiest one there, while Mabel was the lamest one. She even said, with qoute, that she could kill someone with her own lameness.


Now how awesome is that.


Well, having to wait from 5.30 to 7.15pm wasn't as fun as I expected when everyone left, leaving me behind. And when it was my turn for the interview, I could only say one thing "I'm hungry."


The interview questions were very much related to the course that I chose, the dual diploma. Apparently, I was selected for my efforts in volunteer work and leadership. I tried to refrain from uttering pure rubbish, but I couldn't help it, they were asking too many questions, so much that they too were confused at each other's questions.


But it was fun though, because I made use of every cert. I had, from the Adam Khoo workshop, to the CSSP and Ne Ambassador Certs. I talked so much till the lecturers had to raise their hand to stop me from talking. Wah Lao... I felt pretty much like an American Idol contestant that was about to be booted off the stage.



Oh well, whether I make it or not, it's up to them to decide. But I'm happy that I got to experience being interviewed by professional Psychologists! It was nerve-wrecking as they were analyzing my every move. Hahah. But it also means that I may be a step closer to my dream job!



Photobucket




All the best everyone, for your choices! It'll be out on 30th January!




Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment