Thursday, January 08, 2009

Back to School!

Yesterday did not go as well as I planned.


I slept pretty late the previous night, and so I obviously woke up late, around 1 plus. Well, I was supposed to head back to school at 1pm.

Anyway, I made my way there, and at the gates I saw fellow school mates, like Samuel. I entered the school and that was when all the problems started.


The security guard stopped me and didn't let me in, because I had dyed hair and because there were several studs on my ears. I tried calling my juniors and teachers, but no one picked. It was pretty embarrassing, having to stand there while others could go in.


The security guards did apologize, but I don't blame them. Well, they were simply doing their jobs.


Well, I did take it for granted that I was an alumni, and could go in as and when I wished, but I was proven wrong. While standing there, the security guards actually told me that there were other cases, where a boy had to go home to change because he came in shorts. And Apple who works in our book shop, wasn't allowed in because she had a tattoo, but she was later let in because she wasn't a student, but because she worked there.

Even parents were questioned before they were allowed to sign in.


I was told that I had to actually come back in school uniform because I have not collected my certificate.


I admire the school for their discipline, but I do question where they draw the line.



Anyway, after standing there for about an hour, Ms Lim came to my rescue with Ms Choo! We talked for awhile and then I actually went back to Admiralty, to "dye" my hair. Then, I headed back to school.


I was greeted by Qian Wen, whom I almost lost my pants to by her "Cling-Wrap" hug. Hahah. It was really nice to see some of the teachers, and friends who went back to help out too.


Well, good times do not last long, and before we knew it, everyone were packing up to head home. Jayda, Cheryl and I then headed to the hall to watch the performances. They were pretty neat, but I was paying more attention to the Seconday ones. There were a few familiar faces; the kids which I looked after back when I was a prefect in Primary School. Cheryl and Jing Yee's siblings were in this batch too.




I did spend a great day reminiscing the "good ol' days". But I did see some unpleasant people there. But after that day, I have finally decided to let it go. He and Her may not have made my life in school a good one, but I'm fine with them now, so long as they keep their distance. I hate making enemies, and I would never treat anyone with disrespect, unless they do the same to me. But I guess it's not worth it, after all, wouldn't you be like them if you treated them like how they treated you?


So to the Him and Her, let's bury the past okay? I am sure I have.



Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment