Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Look back at what you've accomplished, then leap forth towards victory

Yesterday was a night where not a wink of sleep was spared. The time used was for reflection (yes, I have this habit of reflecting. I think school has set an influence for me).


Have you ever felt satisfied with something, yet wonder if it is satisfying enough those who are around you?


That's how I have been feeling ever since I got my results. Like I said, I never really set expectations for myself, and so, I was satisfied with whatever I got. But upon realizing that I could have done better if I actually was serious enough to complete my papers during the Examinations, I feel ever so much in a sulking mood. Yes, it's no use to "cry over spilt milk" as the term goes, but it's really tough when you have relatives who do nothing but compare their child's results with yours.

I saw the disappointed faces some of my loved ones had when I showed them my result slip. I guess it was the same feeling as PSLE. On the day of PSLE, I did nothing but play basketball. I was even chased out of school because I wasn't studying.


And as much as I wanted to kick that habit away, I did the same; not being focused for my O'levels. And to top it off, the problems at home not only made me ill, but depressed and thus, unable to focus on my school work.


A bunch of excuses, many would say.



But on a brighter note, I am looking forward to the courses in mind. I do hope that I fulfill one of my resolution, that is to get into Child Psychology.



Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment