Sunday, January 18, 2009

Tooth Paste

Have you guys watched "Storm Chasers" on Discovery Channel?






Man, I love that show. I love it when these teams set off to do what others would think dumb of, to chase after storms, and capture them on video. The team(above) is actually trying to be IN a tornado, and capture footage of it. And after watching this show, I realized that, even though tornadoes cause huge destruction, they are actually pretty beautiful to look at.








To tell you the truth, I myself am a chaser. No, not a Storm chaser, but a 'Cicak Chaser'.





Just like the storm chasers, I have a radar (Junior, my dog. He sniffs around and when there's one, he'll wag his tail excitedly, and try to pry open the drawers or cabinets that the cicak is hiding in.) that tells me where the nearest Cicak is. And instead of setting up pods to capture the "storm", I throw mothballs in, and then attack it head on with my handy-dandy Sheildtox.



I can't help it, Cicaks love me. And as beautiful as some of them are, the household cicaks are a big No-No.








So far, I have killed millions with my partner in crime, Junior. I killed one with a slipper. I threw one out of the window, and even chopped one of by slamming my window against it. I even microwaved one. Man, the explosion was like
POW!

I hate cicaks, especially after one of them slept with me!


Now don't get it wrong, Cicak Man is not my son.




What I mean, is that I woke up with a cicak staring straight back at me, and it was on my covers!


And so, I started cicak-chasing ever since. You can join if you want. Hahaha.






Anyway, off to today's topic: Toothpaste.






Click Here to read about it in Wikipedia!


I know you must be thinking "
Wah lao, first dead people, then cicak story, then now toothpaste?!? Si bei bo liao lah. "


Well, my friend, toothpaste is actually a very interesting topic. And I bet you'll learn something after reading this post.


But before I begin, let me ask you a question.. Do you know how the tubes of the toothpaste produces this (Below) when you squeeze the tube? I mean is there any mechanism that causes the toothpaste to not be mixed up?







Okay, here was what happened. As always, I woke up in the afternoon and headed to the toilet. My mum bought us a new toothpaste, and I was the first one to use it! Nevermind..


Sidetrack: I love toothpaste. Especially Kodomo's Grape flavour because it tastes like Bubble Gum.





But I've stopped using them since I was 7, after my mum realized that my brothers and I eating them more than we were using them to brush our teeth. We use the coloured ones now, because it looks more like candy than the normal Darlie toothpaste.


Anyway, back to my morning routine.


After squeezing the tube, the coloured toothpaste came out. And of all days, this was the day where this question striked me "How come the toothpaste isn't mixed up, and can come out of the tube in perfect design like this?"







Well, curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to try an experiment. No, I did not cut open the tube, even though I really wanted to. Instead, I squeezed the tube back and forth, and the toothpaste still came out in perfect design!


How can?!?!



So I decided to search it on the net, but instead of finding out how the tube works, I found these.







It's about half an hour long, and it is about kids who suffer from Fluorosis. It is a health condition caused by an overdose of fluoride. In its severe form it is characterized by black and brown stains, as well as cracking and pitting of the teeth.


If you want to know more about it, watch the video and read this!




Ah.. Now I'm in full regret of eating those Kodomo toothpaste.



So now you know, don't eat your toothpaste!



Oh, and before I leave, visit This Site. There are actually alot to know about toothpaste!


Have fun!


Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment