Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Day Out with Momz

Had an awesome day out with my mother.

Well, the outing was supposed to be planned for last Friday, but my mum had work, and my brother was reporting back to Civil Defence, so it was cancelled.

The plan was supposed to be carried forth to Monday, but dumb me, having the "Twilight" sleeping time, could not wake up on time.

So it was brought forth to today!


I did bump into some friends while at Bugis; Atikah, Affifah and Jody (but I don't think she recognized me).


Well, the day went smoothly, and as always, my mum and I spent more time laughing at the people walking past us, more than actually doing shopping.


We explored the whole of Bugis, and even headed to Kinokuniya. But we left shortly, after a staff accused me of copying things from the book using my handphone. I was only text messaging!


Oh well, the day ended with a somewhat funny incident. You see, my mum holds my ATM, because I feel that she should have the freedom to withdraw the amount she needs from my account. Besides, I don't use the ATM Machine at all.


Anyway, she withdrew some money from my account, and took the receipt with her. I was already walking towards the escalator, when she, out of the blue, pulled me aside. She showed me the reciept and with 'eyes all sparkly' said: How come you have $300 extra in your account?

And before I could answer her, she dashed back to the ATM Machine, to recheck it. "Yes, you do have $300 extra!"

She then went on and on about how people sometimes would accidentally key in the wrong account number, and then it would get transferred wrongly and stuff. She then asked what should we do, report to the police or what else....


It was funny watching my mum getting all excited about it, but I didn't want it to procceed any further. And so, I had to burst the bubble. "It's my pay lah.. remember I worked 5 days in December? That's the pay loh. Wah lao, think until so far, later hyperventilate ah".


My mum faced changed immediately. "Chey, say earlier lah, I thought you so lucky".


And with that, we headed back home, with me constantly making fun of how she exaggerated on the whole issue. She swears to get her revenge. Well, we'll see.




Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment