Saturday, December 20, 2008

Irritating

One thing good about living in my flat is that it is really convenient. There's buses, the MRT station is just opposite my flat, there's a taxi stand at the MRT station, and there's three vending machines under my flat.


But after living here for 7 years, I realized that there are much more cons than pros in living in this flat. Well, to make it more direct, in my home. Well, we do have very inconsiderate neighbours who live a floor above us. They drill things, drag chairs and play with marbles at the oddest period of time in the day; at night. And when we go up to their flat to talk to them nicely, they never open the door.


Another issue about this neighbour is that they always write wrong addresses to companies, putting it as our unit, instead of theirs. And we always get their bills, and advertisements from these various companies. We were kind enough to put the letters back into their letterbox. But time and again, the letters come back to us, so much that we have given up doing the good deed or returning it to them. We either return to sender, or we simply throw it away.


The next issue is that despite the convenience, it's really irritating sometimes when you live so near the road. There's the irritating Motorbikes on the road with the deafening sounds. Then there's the frequent honk from the MRT. And there's also the every-minute message about standing behind the yellow line, and warning of not eating and drinking and so on. And not forgetting the road constructions that can last up to 11 or 12 in the middle of the night. The drilling, and screeching of metal makes it teeth-grinding.

The last issue, is about performance. Staying so near the Admiralty MRT station is bad because there are spaces big enough for Getai performances. Some songs are nice, with the lights and stuff, but having it to last till 11pm at night, can make one think twice about living in my flat.

And to make matters worst, there's an RC under my flat. And they do have the monthly or a few months get-together, where they will barbeque, and perform, singing Hokkien songs, singing their hearts out.

Don't get me wrong, RC members should have the opportunity to unwind, because it's thanks to their hard work that our papers get recycled every Sunday.

But having to hear vocally challenged people singing their lungs out from 4pm to 10pm is simply, unbearable. You feel like throwing shit down at them, but when you walk out to take aim, the heavenly smell of barbecue calms your nerves down.


Damn.





*Updated.

I'm happy, because I finally managed to dye my hair back to dark brown!


But I've been having the stomach flu for a couple of days now, I hope it doesn't affect my Christmas mood!


But on a happier note, I'm no more a lion!



Loves

No comments:

Post a Comment