Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Quirks

Every person has a quirk or two in them. A quirk is (as taken from dictionary.com) a peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy.

In my own words, it's habits, mostly odd ones that people have in them.


Well, if you're still lost as to what I'm talking about, let me show you a quirk that I am sure many of you have. And it is, the habit to bite your fingernails.

Nail Biting Pictures, Images and Photos


Till it looks like this:



Nail Biting Pictures, Images and Photos


It looks pretty gross but I am sure most of you are looking at your fingers now, and am going "Thank God it's not as nasty as those! *points to screen" Well, just you wait, my friends. And if you're wondering whether you are the only one who is doing, well no, you're not.

Well, I am not a fan of biting fingernails at all. But I do know of someone who bites his toenails. Hahaha. Well, my relation to the fingernails quirk is that I would cut them on every Monday, without fail. And I have no idea why. I guess I just like the feeling of freshly cut nails on a brand new school day of the week.



Now nail biting isn't the only quirk. In fact, there are a lot more, which includes digging your nose in public. I have seen some people who are so carried away in digging their noses, that they are not aware of the disgusted on-lookers. And then there are those who are so engrossed in digging their noses, that they seem as though they are battling with some dragons in their "dungeon".


dig nose Pictures, Images and Photos

Then there are those, especially kids who eat their snob after digging their noses. But hey, it's actually healthy! Click Here To Read More About It!




When I'm out shopping, and I see a product that I want or want to have a closer look, I have this habit of taking the ones that are behind the product, rather than the ones that are right infront. I have always done that since young, because I hate it when kids or some adults squishes the item till there are dents in them, you know?



Well, I also realized that there are people who tap their chins with the back of their hands, whenever someone, or something hits them on their head. I have no idea what that is, but I'm guessing that it's a way to "push up the neck, since it was pushed down by the head?" I don't know.


And then there is one more, where people rub their elbows when someone taps them on the shoulder. I am not a great fan of people tapping my shoulders, and I do "dust" my shoulders, but I'm wondering, why rub the elbows?


I do have many quirks other than the ones mentioned that I have admitted in doing. One of them is after bathing, I would wrap my towel around my waist before hanging it on the hanger. I don't know why, and my mum thinks it's funny because I could just hang it, instead of having to put it around my waist first.

And I also have this odd habit of putting my right shoe on before my left. And do the same when I am taking them off. Hahaha.


Those are about the quirks that I think I have. What are your quirks? Do share!








And tomorrow will be the release of the GCE 'N' level Examination Results. I do hope all my friends who are taking their results, to have the best results ever! And if they do shed tears, I do hope that they are tears of joy!

Good Luck to all!


And Yiling, I hope everything goes well for you! I'll be rooting for you! Hahaha.





Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment