Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Slipknot

I was first introduced to Heavy Metal bands by my brothers. And the first band that I loved was not Lordi (it was many years later after) but Slipknot.

SLIPKNOT Pictures, Images and Photos



Facts from Wikipedia.org:



Slipknot is an American heavy metal band from Des Moines, Iowa. Slipknot consists of nine members, the current band members are Sid Wilson, Joey Jordison, Paul Gray, Chris Fehn, Jim Root, Craig Jones, Shawn Crahan, Mick Thomson, and Corey Taylor. The band's line-up has remained unchanged since 1999. Each member of the band wears a unique mask.

Slipknot formed in 1995 and underwent several line-up changes following the independent release of Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat. in 1996. Their self-titled debut studio album was released in 1999 and was followed by Iowa in 2001 and Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) in 2004. On August 25, 2008, the band returned to release their fourth studio album, All Hope Is Gone, which debuted at the top spot on the Billboard 200 charts. The band has released three DVDs including 2002's Disasterpieces, which was certified quadruple-platinum in the United States


I first fell in love with them at the age of 8. Call me weird, but I really liked the way they actually created their songs and music video. I was so drawn to their music video.

And their masks are simply amazing. Very artistic, and very much like The Undertaker and Kane in WWE, back in WWF when they still had their masks on. Only Slipknot is way much better. Besides, they always have new masks, so there's no real preference to which mask I like. I just like how the group stands out together, being unique both as a individual, and as a band.



Sometimes, they remind me of the movie SAW, with the mini bicycle and all.



My favourite song is "Wait and Bleed".








I once presented "Wait and Bleed" both song and lyrics to my class back when I was in Secondary Two. It was for show-and -tell. Boy, my teacher was so pissed that he made my group redo the presentation, and we ended up presenting yet again, but with some stupid book report.


Some of the other songs which I like:




Before I forget












Psychosicial












Dead Memories













Duality













The Nameless















The most "happening" music video: Left Behind












Favourite Music Video of all time: Spit It Out









Till then

No comments:

Post a Comment