Tuesday, November 04, 2008

First Time

*Updated



LONG POST AHEAD.






Today had been a day of many firsts; First Day after the major papers of 'O' Levels, First Time waking up so early (7.30am) on a non-schooling day, First Time taking the train to Orchard in the morning and alone, First Time visiting the agency, First Time eating at MacDonalds in Lucky Plaza alone, First Time walking aimlessly around Orchard Road alone.


But it was all worth while. As I got to see many things that I never knew existed, or had never had the chance to stop and look at, a second longer. This gave me the privilege to appreciate the things around me more.


I never really liked cameras nor taking taking photographs because I feel that it isn't all natural. I believe that the eyes and skin are the best cameras anyone could get because they not only let you see but feel the magnificence of things.


Anyway, while walking from the MRT station to Takashimaya, I had the chance to admire vibrant coloured candies (Christmas ornaments) that dangled from the trees by the street. They were sparkly and dazzling, I am sure they would be even more mesmerizing at night. Well, it was day time, morning in fact, and so all the shops by Orchard were still close. And so, I headed to MacDonalds to have my breakfast, alone.


Photobucket



Photobucket




Photobucket



It was odd sitting by myself as I did not have anyone to talk to, but this gave me an opportunity to look around me, more. I observed how some people ate, how they walked and talked, basically everything that caught my eyes. Other people, I actually enjoyed watching the Tv advertisements scrolling on-screen.


One of them in fact, really drew my attention, thus I fell in love with the advertisement. I think, that this is by far the most interesting advertisement that advertises one's country.




Amazing Thailand






After breakfast, I headed to the agency which was quite quick and swift. After which, I then headed to my favourite bookstore, Kinokuniya. The mere thought of being surrounded by so many books made me jump in joy inside.


It was breath-taking as I scanned through the wide variety of books. I was dazzled by the presence of so many books, that was accompanied by the warmth of the lighting that caressed everyone with love. I was delighted and looked through some books, I even read some and got the time and chance to imagine myself in the stories. I was also my first time seeing or rather reading about the tales of Eragon unfolding itself in the books.


Photobucket



Photobucket


I passed by rows after rows of books that simply enlightened me. And while being at Kinokuniya, I happened to chance upon a Great book that made me fall in love with it, just at the first page. It is titled 'Ways to live forever' by Sally Nicholls. It is about a little boy who wrote an entire book about his life. Just like us, he had dreams, aspirations and stories of his life. But what sets him apart from us, is that this boy is dying, from leukemia.


I read a few chapters of the book, and did not want to "read for free", and so I set it back. And wandered farther in Kinokuniya.


I managed to get myself stuck in the Stationery section where I was literally like a kid jumping in joy. There were so many stationery that I could not help but squeal in excitement.




There were so many types of pens


Photobucket




so many designs of writing paper (decorated)

Photobucket




so many designs of perforators

Photobucket




so many colours of glitter glues


Photobucket



Photobucket





so many cute small erasers (some even looked like real Sushi!)

Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket




so many cute stickers (with tiny beads and pictures in them)


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



there were even adorable flash cards


Photobucket



Photobucket





files


Photobucket






Notebooks
& journals



Photobucket




and pencil cases. Oh yah, there was even a





BLING BLING PEN!



Photobucket


Just being able to be at the stationery section made me all warm and fuzzy inside. I wanted to stay longer, but I wanted to leave as well. And so, I chose latter, and left. I went to..... The Toys Department Store!


I practically lost myself in the world of toys. I touched and hugged every soft toy I could see. I even had the chance to play the Spider-Man T.V game And of course, a MUST PLAY everywhere I go, Etch-a-sketch!

I watched every advertisement on play. For this Christmas, they're actually bringing BLO PENS. I used to have a set of those, and I like them pretty much. However, the ink ran dry and I had to throw them away.

There was a section of hello kitty, and immediately, I thought of Yap Jia Min. hahah.


I spent most of my time at three sections. The first one was the Crayola section. I think they have the most creative and innovative variety in coloring kits! There's washable markers, erasable colour pencils, and mess-free crayons!

I felt like a small kid again.

The second was at the PlayDoh section. PlayDoh have one of the most awesome gadgets in the world. Just by using plasticine, one can make things like Ice Cream (Magic Swirl Ice Cream Shoppe) as well as creative crafts (Super Craft Caddy).


There is also a gadget from 'Girls Gourmet' that actually bakes cup cakes. It was pretty neat, but what drew my attention the most was this advertisement from the last section, of a Japanese toy. I think Causeway's Action City has the same toy, the pea pod thing with the guy going insane by pressing and popping the peas? What is that eh? I was curious and so I joined the kids there as we pressed the pea pods, trying to see what would happen. But nothing did happen.


Frustrated but contented with my journey, i left TakaShimaya and headed to Wisma Atria. I first headed to my favourite shop, Flesh Imp, but didn't stay long as there were sales assistants. hahah. I then practically walked around aimlessly throughout the whole of Wisma Atria.

I like how BeBe, Rough Jeansmith and TopShop have the very "welcoming" factor towards their shop. There were also cute items selling outside of Flesh Imp.


I walked around till it was time to leave, for good.


I took the train and headed back to near Home where I met up with Wan Teng, Shera and Aainaa for our Movie date!

It's another long story from there, so I'll continue some other time!


Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment