Monday, November 17, 2008

Box Of Nonsense

I was side by side Steve Irwin (the all time best Crocodile hunter ever), crouching behind a bush when all of a sudden, a HUGE mighty leopard sprung from a tree nearby, leaping onto me. I squeezed my eyes shut, for fear of looking at the beast in its eyes. I then kicked and punched, pushing every unfamiliar contact on my body.


Suddenly, everything laid still. there was no movement. Was the beast dead? Couldn't be, unless I was as strong as Xena the warrior Princess.


I had to know what happened. I used every strength I had, and heaved myself upwards, opening my eyes, ready to fight off the beast again, if it were to attack.


To embarrassment, there I was, in the middle of my room, with my quilt still on me, hair in a mess, in a fighting Taekwando stance. And there my mum was, on my bed, looking at me with the most puzzled face ever.


Both she and I couldn't help but burst out laughing at the stupidity and awkwardness.


Just as I was about to plop back onto the floor (She sleeps with me, on my bed, so I take the floor), my mum shoves a box she proudly names: Her "Box Of Nonsense. But there's still Box 2 and Box 3". I stare sleepily, but in amazement as I took everything out of the box. There were buttons, papier mache, clips, foam, coloured paper, ribbons, googly eyes, scissors, pom poms, things that I didn't see before, nor heard before.

Just as I was about to fall back to sleep, she whipped out a long piece of black pipe cleaner. She wound and twined, and just as I was about to shut my eyes, she threw something hairy at my face.


I flicked it off of my face and looked to see what it was. It was a tarantula! Not a real one, but some creature that she made from her "Box Of Nonsense", with simply a piece of pipe cleaner and googly eyes. And made within a few minutes!


And it almost looks like the real one! Okay, a little exaggerated, but see if for yourself.


Photobucket





Photobucket






Photobucket


You must be wondering why my quilt looks so "naked". Well, I took the quilt cover off, because my dog loves sleeping on it, and my quilt always runs in the cover, having it mispositioned all over the place. And so i took it off, and have been sleeping like that ever since.



Anyway, when I asked my mum how she thought of the spider, and how to make it, all she said was "I don't know, it just popped into my head!"


Hahaha.




Do your parents, at least one, behave like how my mum does?






By the way, because of the White Tiger Attack at the zoo, my job's postponed till Wednesday!! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment