Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day One At The Zoo

Short update.

Today is actually the first day that I am attending the "on job training" at the zoo. It was a pretty fun day because all I had to do was to watch the various animal shows that the "Seniors" brought me to.


I am in the group which is assigned to Token Feeding 3, where we interact and tell visitors about Primates Kingdom (all the monkeys there. Like the Spider monkey and so on.), the Polar Bears, the African Lions, the Elephant Show, and the Orang Utans.

Now just listing it sounds pretty easy, but low and behold the scripts are actually 6-7 pages long! And you have to memorize all of them in a week! It was pretty terrorizing to know that despite completing school, I still have to memorize scripts!!


But here comes the good news, I found out that the $6.50/hour pay was only for "on job training". Once I get accepted as a Part Timer, my pay is actually $8/hour! Pretty impressive isn't it? I was shocked too when I came to know about it.



And I am actually the youngest so far, in the Show crew.



Tomorrow would be a different day, where we will actually get a chance to get our hands dirty to do husbandry, that is, to clean the dens of the animals!


I hope tomorrow would be an enjoyable day, like today.



Loves.







Oh yeah, the people who went to Red Camp, HOW WAS IT? Fill me in yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment