Saturday, August 23, 2008

There's no need for a Title

First and foremost, I'm not on a hiatus.

It's just that I've been feeling ever so down lately that nothing could bring me back or rather, motivate me to blog.

If you know me well enough, you would know that I'm the type would never share my problems, unless it's really
that bad. But even if so, I would not leak everything out. All I can say is that, a lot of things have been bugging me lately and I apologize if I have/would be quiet,cranky and moody. It's just that sometimes I need to zone out and wander in my own zone for a bit.

And to those out there, I really appreciate your concern, but I guess, I would feel really awkward if you were to go around telling me or people that you would take care of me, listen to my problems, or give me a hug. I know that to others, it's a sweet gesture. But for me, it's different. Because since the past, out of 10 who told me that they would be there for me, only one was actually there when I needed someone. The others, were not only busy with their lives, but even complaint about their "busy" lives to me.

It's disappointing sometimes to hear good words from your friends, but in the end, none of them meant what they said. I don't know whether to trust you, or not.
So please, don't give me empty promises.



What an opening.. Let's move on to HAPPIER events.

First, I would like to congratulate my school's representatives who took part in an event which was hosted by Omy.sg called 'Kusong'.

In this event, contestants had to do a remix, or rather replace the lyrics of Chinese songs, and cat a Music Video of it. They were then judged based on their creativity. My school managed to sail through to the finals, and winning a merit.

Photobucket



Here is their song:




Surprisingly, my school actually congratulated them in front of the whole cohort. I'm anxious to see if it would be the same if I were to appear in the Papers after the results of the Blog Awards are released.


Moving on...


I came home early from school on Friday, and my mum was in my room admiring the water babies, Junior was sleeping soundly on my bed, and my brother Jason was busy rummaging my dad's room.

Curiosity got the better of me, and so I went in, to "help" him out. He was actually looking through the photo albums of the past. And I too wanted to reminisce in the past, and so I "plopped" onto my dad's bed, and flipped through, album by album.

Before I end off, here are some of the photos that I really liked, so I "took" them from the album.

My Precious : Fox & Shandy, after their bath


Photobucket


Fox and I, after her haircut. And yes, I'm in a dress, with long hair.


Photobucket




I don't look rather happy in this one because my dad brought me on a trip to the Goat's Farm, and I was embarrassed to take a photo there, with so many people staring at me. But instead of putting the idea of taking the photo aside, my dad scolded me, and embarrassed me even further. Oh well.


Photobucket






I remember back then when my parents hated bringing me to the Toys' Department because I would always go around hugging each and every soft toy there. And when I had my eyes on a toy I really wanted, I would hug it, and never let go, saying that I did not want to go home without it.
Thinking back, I kinda' think it was actually a smart move to "threaten" my parents to buy me toys, coming from a 5 year old.

Photobucket






And the last two.. I always loved playing with lanterns, and would carry one around the house, with ever-so-much delight. There was even once when my Aunt had to come all the way from Tampines to Woodlands,just to pass me a lantern she bought me.


And yes, that's Jason, back then

Photobucket



And that's my dad.

Photobucket


People have often mentioned that secondary school is the best period of Life ever, and that all of us should treasure it the most, because Life would be different once we advance into the (working) Adult's World.

But for me, though I have not yet completed Secondary School, I dread the feeling of heading into the unfamiliar world of Work, where we have to adapt to the rapid changes around us, and fight for ranking.

I would love to be 5 again, where I could just squeeze through the MRT panels without having to pay for it, where I was always getting sweets whenever I go to the doctors or dentists, where I could sneak away from my mischief with just a smile, where nothing mattered except when Barney and Friends was going to be on, on TV.

Back then, I could sense the worry my parents had on their faces, despite trying to cover them up with fake smiles just so to entertain us.
But now, I worry, for everyone's future. Are we going to face the same worry as our parents did?

Exams are not the one that making me worried, it's seeing the people being stressed out for Exams, that worry me.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment