Sunday, August 17, 2008

FATS

I LOVE THIS SONG!


Missed My Chance - Griffin House


Passed through Main Street yesterday and, oh, this town just ain't the same

Looked in the window and it was gone
All those tables I'd written on
Were vanished as if I had never been there
Like the poets and prophets who can't find the words so they stare
And all that made sense has somehow turned askew
I missed my chance with you

There were seconds then minutes then years that I could not breathe
In the Pere Lachaise with the hammer the chisel and the stone
Now I've bartered and begged for what I believed
And I saw that the name engraved was my own
Now there's nothing so peaceful as when I met you
And there's nothing so lonely as when it was through
And the words "I'm not here anymore" echo into: "I missed my chance with you"

Had love play so many tricks on me
I've always felt cheated that you'd make me leave
Like taking my sight after letting me see
I found out love had something up it's sleeve
Leave me scattered like leaves by winds that never blew
When I captured the starts in the palm of my hand it was true
I'd just give them back
To you

I was seventeen, but just for one year
I always knew one day I'd end up here
And the sands have now fallen to the evening of my afternoon
I was always so ready to stay and always leaving to soon
And I don't want to think about it now, but I do
And my spirit is restless, 'cause I know it's true
I missed my chance with you


[ Missed My Chance Lyrics on http://www.lyricsmania.com/]

I could not find any videos or even the song online, so I decided to upload it on imeem. I really find this song unique. I not only like the meaningful lyrics, but also the style of the singer. I feel that the way he portrays his songs are rather much through a laid back atmosphere, very much like Bob Marley. This song gives me an impression of being a great song to listen to, while chilling in some vintage shop sipping some coffee. Hahaha.


Anyway, I went out with Shera today to catch her brother, Ej in action. Playing soccer of course.



It was my first time seeing such a unique event taking place because I was expecting it to be just a normal soccer match like we see in TV. But I was wrong. The football field was split into two, one for the more senior team (Ej's school and some others), and the other half were for the smaller kids(around 5 or 6 years old)! It was really cute seeing all the miniature future soccer stars in action.

But apart from that, there was actually a "concert" going on in the center of the stadium! Drums, guitars, microphones, speakers, everything you would see in a concert. And while the some matches were about to start/delaying/ongoing, a Malay singer actually sang different genres of songs to entertain us all.

And on top of all that, bikers were actually present in the stadium! I think there were up to 40 bikes parked in the stadium itself, each in their own clique. What caught my eyes were the Harley Davidson. I don't know much about vehicles, but based on looks of a bike, I like the Harley Davidson (but it's bulky) and definitely the Chopper, very "bike classy" look.

Very interesting event.

Anyway, throughout the event, we drifted in and out of our conversations, from future plans to certain people. And a topic actually left impressions behind. Yup, the title of the post says it all, FATS.


It's irritating and amusing sometimes to hear friends (who are fit, with flat tummy and all) say that they are fat.

To me, everyone has fats,and if I were to say that a person is really fat( which is rare), that person would most probably look like this, an obese.



And I think it's really ridiculous, to say that you're fat just because you can pinch your skin off your tummy.

Let's make it simple.


Who looks nicer? A or B?



http://www.fotosearch.com/bthumb/DGV/DGV091/200478016-001.jpg

B of course.



Now what about this? Who looks nicer? A or B or C?





http://www.fotosearch.com/bthumb/DGV/DGV091/200478016-001.jpg







Definitely B lah.

What's so fat about B?

What I'm trying to say is, to look around you before you actually call yourself fat. Sometimes, you may unconsciously hurt someone by calling yourself fat,because that person would definitely by thinking "wah lao, she fat then what am I? She trying to say I'm damn fat is it?"

It's this kind of people(the 'oooh I'm damn fat' kind) that deserves the "rolling eyes" treatment for being too "nothing better to do". I think if this goes on, the future generations would start saying that being anorexic is fat, and you have to be as thin as a skeleton to look Hot. pfft.



Before I end off, here's another song that I like, by Griffin House.




Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment