Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mums always have the best advises

It's been a while since I last blogged, and apologies for that, as everyone should know, Preliminary Exams are here. Yes, this is the time where all the Youth bloggers at the age of 16 would rant on and on about how pathetic their papers were, and how disappointed they were as they did not get the questions that they had prepared for. It's funny yet annoying sometimes to see how people exaggerate on how much they are going to fail, yet the results are contradicting as they score one of the highest. Are they trying to blend in with those who seriously feel that they are going to fail just so that people would not think that they are show offs?

But I'm not going to touch anymore on the papers, because it would definitely dampen everyone's mood. No?


Moving on.

I met up with some old friends yesterday and we were thankful that we finally could meet up. We just sat around and reminisced about the past, from our childish and playful act to our nerdy dressings back then. And the realization of how time passed soon dawned upon me.

Most of us back then had the "Wah lao, secondasry school faster come, then after that work, then work got money then marry". Yes, most of us had the same typical misinterpretation of how easy Life was going to be.


But now, we're split into two. One, are the people who are still stuck in the Primary School mindset where they go around saying "wah, faster study, then go poly, then work. Got gf/bf, then enough money then marry".

Yet on the other hand, there's Two, where most of us fall in ;
"Wah lao, go back to Primary School better. Now Secondary School like shit loh, study study, then so stress, so many homework. Go poly sure die, no need to even talk about JC. Then no further studies = no job, so how to work and marry? Bf/Gf now everytime fight here fight there, say no time for them, so how to marry? Mother, father also one kind, either work and work don't want to rest, or everytime ask us do this do that for them. Wah lao, sibei stress ah. Die liao lah".


Don't you agree?


I went home that night deep in thought and poured out everything to my mum once I reached home. If you haven't noticed, my mum is like a best friend to me. I open up to her not only about school issues, but family, BGR and friendship too. I don't know how or why, but my mum always has the best advises to everything, and I confide in her even for the littlest things like having the courage to overcome the Mother Tongue O'level Examinations.



Anyway, I told my mum about how stressed out most of my friends were, which puts me in a difficult position as I have no idea on how to help them, at the same time, I fear for myself as I might be one of them to fail the Examinations too.


I wouldn't be disappointed but I fear that it would be a setback to my dad who had pinned high hopes for me, and even made arrangements for me to study overseas. And then, it would also be a disappointment to my mum as I had promised her that I would lead a successful career. But like what I mentioned earlier, no further education = no pleasant career. So how?

It was heartening to hear from her as she encouraged me to do my best, and even if I failed, there would definitely be a way to get through it, be it repeating the Exams, or getting a career elsewhere. She said, promises are often broken, and so long as I did my best, she would be contented, and I shouldn't fear the disappointment of my dad as this would only pressurize me. She said that she believes in me reaching my ambitious goals and would definitely be all out for me. The last few sentences she told me, left me thinking deeply. She said "The reason why we want you to do well, is so that you won't fall in the same footsteps at us. We want you to be better, but it doesn't mean academically, but improve as a person. Results on a paper doesn't mean anything if you got poor attitude. So take a step at a time, and you'll soon find success knocking on your door".


While she was talking, I had my English Composition in my head. I talked about a low self esteem girl who gained confidence after saving that day. And the topic I talked about was, of a girl who came from a intellignet, royal family but was often patronized by her relatives for being the only stupid one. But she soon showed her worth as she saved a girl from drowning in the strong currents. She was a hero. This incident spurred her as she was asked to join the National swimming team, and she has become successful ever since. Nt only did her realtives shut up, but she gained her confidence and opened up her circle of friends. She showed that being successful does not necessarily mean you have to do good in academics.

And the song "Take A Step At A Time" by Jordin Sparks kept playing on and on in my head.


Is this a sign? hahah.



Anyway, tomorrow's Teachers' Day and I would like to wish all Teachers and Staffs,

A VERY HAPPY TEACHERS' AND STAFF APPRECIATION DAY!



Oh yah, my mum who's a Tuition Teacher, received a few gifts today, and it was interesting to see her, yet again in her child like manner, opening the gifts one by one, exclaiming at how cute the little key chains were, and stuff like that.

Oh, and her water babies are growing well, they're big and swollen? hahaha. And she still does pop into my room every now and then to touch the water babies and to check if they "have given birth". Hahaha.



By the way, any kind souls willing to lend me a Pink outfit? Apparently, Omy.sg wants the finalists to appear in Pink on the night of the revelation of the results.

Photobucket


Pink, being my least favourite color, is of course an unlikely color to appear in my wardrobe. And so, I have no Pink outfits at all! Help!!!!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment