Saturday, August 16, 2008

Do you believe in Magic?

I have always interested in Magic. When I was younger, I was always glued to the television whenever David Copperfield was on.



My eyes always went wide whenever he did his famous "Death Saw" trick.




The programme would end and I would leave the television area in disbelieve, often pestering my mum with the youthful innocent questions "How come he never die? Why no blood? Not pain meh?" I think back then, my mum felt more pain than him, the pain was my questions.

My mum never liked David Copperfield, because of his flirtatious act with his assistants. But no one can deny the "power" he had to be the only one who never got lost in the Bermuda Triangle.


Years passed and I followed the television closely, observing all the "magicians wannabe" who time and again got exposed. One of the notorious person to expose "fake magicians " is James Randi, who offered cold hard cash (US $1,000,000) to any magician who could do tricks on the spot, demonstrating evidence of any paranormal or occult power under test conditions.

James started his career as a stage magician but after retiring at the age of 60, he decided to investigate paranormal occult and supernatural acclaims.

Here's some of his exposing act.













I soon lost interest in David Copperfield, but was soon hooked onto another magician, another David.

David Blaine.





Somehow, he reminds me of Paolo and Leonard. hahah


Anyway, David Blaine was a remarkable chap. I admired him not only for his scary acts(and weird expressions, damn emotionless), but also his high endurance in the things he do. Watch his videos, and you'll understand what I mean. By the way, he's has set a few world records already.







Now everyone can be rich!














And of course his famous "Drowning Alive"





I also got hooked on to one more Magician, who apparently isn't another David, but he's actually Criss Angel. He's my favourite so far, because the illusions he does is plainly whacked!






Don't believe me? Just check out his videos, especially the last one!


























Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment