Monday, August 18, 2008

Water Babies are Mum stealers!

After I returned home last night, I showed my mum the Water babies that I bought for her. She had been asking me to buy her some as she was really interested in it, watching it grow or something like that.

She quickly took the packet and went to the kitchen to place some of them in a glass of water. She returned to my room to ask me how my day was. I happily talked about the events for the day, and even showed her my gigantic blister on my toe, but I soon realized that I lost her attention, because despite her nodding continuously, she was staring wide-eyed at the glass of water baby.

I stopped talking, and could not help but grin at the child-like behavior in my mum. I guess there's a child in every one of us, and that mums especially, are so busy being mums, that they often neglect, and thus eliminating the child in them.

And instead of asking my why I stopped talking, she actually shrieked in excitement, pointing to the glass of water babies "Look, they're growing already!".

She placed the glass in my room, and ever since, she's been popping in and out of my room just to look at them. Putting her hand in to touch them, squishing them. And she's been asking the same questions "How come they so big? Why they so soft? When they're going to burst and come out more?"


I love my mom, and I've been treating her like a Best Friend, so much that sometimes I actually forget that she's my mum!


Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment