Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rebirth

Just a couple of days ago, my mum and I were lazing around, looking at the clouds in my room when she suddenly brought up a topic.


"If you could be anything, anything at all, what would you be?"


I know that this might sounds like a common topic to bring up among friends, but trust me, it's really hard to find the right answer that you'll be satisfied with.

She related one such situation when she asked her friend the same question, and the friend's answer was really odd. Well, at least to me. Because she wanted to be a Princess.





Literally a Princess or one that she dreams to be, with crowns, thrones, royalty, Prince Charming, a palace and lots of gold, or in a bed made out of money.


funny money Pictures, Images and Photos


Both my mum and I found it pretty odd to want a life of someone in the limelight. Because, being a Princess, not only does one have to be dressed and speak proper, you're practically stripped from having a 'Normal Life'.


We then talked about our choices, and we listed all the animals we wanted to be. We were practically sick of the "Human" world, and so both of us thought that it'd be interesting to be an animal.


As usual, we picked our favourite animals, but it pretty much ended with us wanted to be something that was able to fly. My mum preferred to be a butterfly for birds are shot at and hunted for, and she'd rather lay her eggs, her kids, and then die, like all insects do.


That was when I thought of the Eagle.





Whenever I meet someone who asks about my goals in Life, they end up pretty much saying the same thing, and that is to 'Soar like an Eagle'. Everyone wants to be like an Eagle, a majestic creature that rules the sky.


But little do they know of how much suffering the eagle has to go through in order to soar through the skies every single year.

Just watch this clip:


Just watch this clip:

This story was first shared by the great people when I attended Adam Khoo's ''I'm Gifted, So Are You!" workshop, and I have heard/watched many clips online.

They mentioned of that every eagle has to make a very important decision; to live, or to die. It's because at about the age of 40, the eagle physical condition is so bad, its talons lose flexibility and are unable to secure a proper grip on the prey, the beak becomes dull and to bent, and the feathers are so thick and heavy that it disrupts the eagle's ability to fly well.

It then flies to its nest, way up in the mountains, and begin this torturous 5 month rejuvenating process where it knocks off its beak by hitting it against the rocks over and over again. Then it plucks out its talons and lastly, its feathers, one by one. This is so that the eagle can "regrow" the removed parts in order to survive another 30 years.


Torturing isn't it?


Well, you're actually in for a surprise. Because......












Whatever that I said earlier about the eagle, it's all a MYTH(I just so happened to check it out on the net a couple of days ago). In fact, there had been so many viewers wondering about the process of the eagle, that the University of Minnesota's Raptor Center and The American Bald Eagle Information Website have both responded to this issue.


Click Here to Read what The American Bald Eagle Information Website said

Click Here to Read what the University of Minnesota's Raptor Centre said


And no, I'm not saying that Adam Khoo's workshop or the clips are bogus. In fact, the clip is quite true when it applies to us, humans, than to the eagles. Because it shows that in order to live on and be successful in the near future, one has to be able to let go of the past and move on. Or as how the saying goes "In Order To Rebuild, You Must First Tear Down".


And that my friends, is an important lesson to learn.



As for what I want to be if I ever get the chance to, I'd like to be The One who controls everything that happens on Earth (I'm not allowed to say His name for I do not have a religion and may be doomed to burn in Hell). It would be fine even if it were to be for a day. I would just like to reshuffle some things, here and there.



Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment