Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Random Updates

You know what would be awesome? Owning a 'Daiso' shop.

If you've never been there, you should. Because the place is simply heavenly. You can buy stuffs, ranging from aesthetic products to kitchen ware, from stationery sets(the pens there are a steal!) to electronic items, to decorative boxes (very lovely designs, great for gifts!) to pouches and bags (I bought a laptop bag, and another smaller one for my phone!), from socks to shawls (I bought some toe socks! I miss wearing them to school!), from hats to slippers, from crackers to chocolates(the crackers are really nice, I like the spicy ones. The chocolates are just as lovely. And I tried those instant puddings and muffins and they were
not bad.), from tea to bottled drinks. All from this simple Japanese shop!

And the best part? Every freakin' item is $2!


(Whaaaaat.. I told you I loved Daiso.)


I can spend at least 2 hours in there, and I have never been bored from walking around in 'Daiso'.


So just yesterday, I visited the one at Vivocity by myself (no, this is not a sign of sympathetic pleas). And after spending 2 and a 1/2 hours in there, I came out with a bag full of stuffs. And of all the items that I managed to buy, I left the shop grinning from ear to ear, because I bought myself a set of 370 pieces (with 16 different colours!) Origami papers!


I was really happy, so happy that when I got home, I took all of them out, arranged them accordingly (they were previously arranged in sets of four colours. Like white, yellow, pink, orange. Then another set of white, yellow, pink,orange. Wait, why am I even explaining this?!) and took a picture of them!


Photobucket


Upon seeing this, I know most of you would start counting and would jump at the moment to call me stupid because there are actually 18 colours and not 16. But the packet said 16 what.. Besides, the gold and silver only had a piece each (Why do they always give only a piece of gold and silver in every packet?).


(The gold one is above the silver, which is above the black. The reflection of it makes it look like yellow.)


And so, this is my short update. Pretty random, I know.


Oh, and while walking around Vivocity, I found this tree, and I took a picture of it. I used colured sketch in this case to edit it. I like how the sketch makes every detail of each flower stand out.


Photobucket

The Tree Of Life


When adding a colour isn't enough.




And these are the A-1 'balloons' that I was talking about a while ago.


Photobucket


I need to find time to blow them before school starts, if not they'll try up. Speaking of these 'toys' that we used to play, I miss buying boxes and boxes of sparklers.


4th of July Pictures, Images and Photos


I remember the times when my brother and I would burn the walls along the corridors, with our names. Apparently we thought it was cool to leave our 'trademark'. Then there were the times where we broke off the bits of the substance, made a trail of it from out doorstep to some other place, ending it off with a huge amount of the mashed up bits scooped together. Then we'd take some dried leaves from my mum's potter plants, use our magnifying glass to shine the Sunlight on it. The moment the leaves get lighted, we'd throw them at the trail we made. Then we'd hide for cover just in case our neighbours were around. Seeing the final 'explosion' at the end of the trail made us so happy that nothing else could bring out mood down. But soon after, we'd get scolded for leaving burnt trails along our corridor.


But it was all worth it.



And what to end this post of with another item that made my day. Jujubes.

Photobucket


It's not found at Daiso unfortunately. They used to have it at 7-11 but now, they can only be found at those Chinese Medicine Stores. Just in case you're wondering what these are, they're actually candy! It's chewy candy in a form of a distorted teddy bear, with sugar sprinkled all over. And it's menthol flavoured, which means it's cool and refreshing! Hahah, I have no idea why I'm advertising it, but it is definitely a lovely sweet, one of my favourite.


And no, I'm not a smoker. Just because there's menthol in it, doesn't mean I smoke. Meet me some time, then I'll give you some.



I think I wanna start my own 'origami' videos soon. I might, if time is on my side!


Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment