Thursday, April 09, 2009

Say Hello To Barry

Do you have any idea how many websites you'll get when you type "When you're bored" in the search engine?

Believe it or not, I just spent the last 4 hours (and I'm sure, many more hours to come) typing random things like "Fun stuff", "Scary Stuff" and of course, "When you're bored" and going through each and every site that is shown by Google. And I must say, that till now, I am not disappointed!


From the games that make you feel all stupid but couldn't care less because you have too much time in your hands (I actually played a game where we had to find a key in each "room" of penguins/balls just by clicking on them. Yes, I was
that bored.), to the pictures, stories and videos.


I actually found a site called Scary For Kids and I wanted very much to share some 'Urban Legends', videos, stories and pictures. But I actually 'Chicken-ed Out' because I was actually too horrified after seeing the dolls and clowns pictures, watching the videos, playing the games, and reading the Urban Legends from Japan.


The things I found at the site wasn't what made me terrified, but it was the 'feeling' or rather presence that I felt while reading/watching/seeing them. Besides, there was this "something" that kept stroking my feet under my desk. I was actually too horrified to find out what it was in the dark, given that time wasn't on my side. Go figure.


So I changed to some other site, and found this:





Say hello to Barry. This giant Sea Worm measures at an unbelievable length of 4 feet! Barry apparently 'had launched a sustained attack on the reef in a display tank at Newquay's Blue Reef Aquarium over recent months.

Workers at the Cornwall-based attraction had been left scratching their heads as to why the coral had been left devastated and - in some cases - cut in half.


After staking out the display for several weeks, the last resort was to completely dismantle it, rock by rock.

Halfway through the process the predator was revealed as a four-foot polychaete worm.'


If you think that having 4 foot long worm is 'pretty cool', think again. Polychaete also known as Bristle Worms, are 'closely related to leeches and earthworms'.

'Polychaetes are often called bristleworms because each of the body segments has an upper and lower bundle of bristles (called setae or chaetae) on each side.'

And to make matters worst, 'The tropical worm is capable of inflicting permanent numbness on humans with its sting.'

So don't go near those nasty things.



Click Here, Here and Here to read more about these creatures.



This actually makes me believe that the sea isn't a place for us humans. With the many creatures that swim alongside us, who isn't afraid?


The last thing I want is to die at sea while being stung or coiled up with some 4 foot long slug.


Speaking of deaths, it's really sad that the 'Rojak' incident has already brought a second death to the table. I do hope that MOM or whoever is in charge, finds the source of the bacteria and cure for the infected soon.

It's actually a tragic case to literally die from Rojak poisoning. I guess you never know if anythings' safe enough to consume.



Well before I end this post, can anyone tell me what is wrong with this picture(below)?





It might take awhile, but once you spot it, you'll keep looking at it over and over again. Hahah.



Loves

No comments:

Post a Comment