Friday, April 10, 2009

How I spent my birthday

So maybe my birthday this year, was not as crazy as the I had last year, with the Wish List
that was almost fulfilled by Shera and Natalie. Okay so maybe it was no where near completion, but at least I had a blast while being covered in egg, flour and whatever that they added on the 'pink solution'. And not to forget those awesome people who made my day special! You guys know who you are!


But even though I didn't get to spend time with my friends (maybe it's a different case for Syuh and Jeanice) this year, it's the awesome wishes that I got, that really brightened up my day, and I mean it.

So a very huge THANK YOU to all those who wished me this year! I realized that the gifts aren't necessarily important, but the people who know of my existence, the ones who on this day, wish to celebrate with/ congratulate me. It's rare to have friends like you guys, and I definitely thank you for brightening up my day.


Once again, Thank you to...

Those who stayed up/woke up early just to wish me through the text messages. People like my twin Guan Wei, Syuh, Jeanice, Aainaa, Gek Chong, Wan Teng, Ms Lim Hui Qi and Shera.

Those who wished me through Facebook, people like Khairul, Jeslynn, Syakirah, Sam Yong, Natalie, Azaria Song, my cousin and Shi Jie.

Those who wished me through my blog, my other part of life that I love being involved in. People like Syakirin, Melissa, Zhao Hong and Cheryl.

And last but not least, a huge thank you to Colin Lee. I am still in the state of shock that I received your call. To those who had no idea what he did, let me explain. This guy called me twice when I finally picked up. Then he placed the phone on loud speaker and sang a birthday song for me. It was pretty hilarious because immediately after he did it, someone (his sis or his mom?) actually asked him what was going on, with the questions as to who that was and why was it so loud. Hahah. But come to think of it, it was pretty awesome having to receive a call from you, so I thank you again!


Celebrations at home were pretty much on a more ' mature' setting. I woke up pretty late in the afternoon(So i could not make it for the traditional stuffs in the morning), and I had to secretly tip-toe around the house for fear of having someone grab me and shove ice/ splash cold water at me or having some other sabotage that they usually did on me every single year.


Surprisingly, I woke up to a home with 'normal' people for once, where everyone was minding their own business and not playing pranks on me. I looked like a fool, having to tip-toe around. But I was still on high alert, for fear of any sudden attacks. But as I mentioned earlier, no pranks were played on me this year. I think my family finally feels that being a 17 is a huge milestone away, in terms of maturity, from the ages below.


Everyone was lazy this year, so we ordered KFC for lunch, and then Canadian Pizza for dinner. My mum promised to cook up my favourite dishes on some other day, adding the fact that she'll try to get my 'always wanted' gifts.


Time at home was pretty much spent with all of us lazing around the house, playing games, watching DVDs, blasting the speakers, and just simple talking. It sounds pretty laid back for a birthday, but it is actually one of the best ones I had, because all we did was nothing but spent 'Quality Time' together as a family.

And what could be more special when you get to spend quality time with a bunch of quirky people who

  1. keep shouting things like "Run lah! Run!" to the Hero who was being shot at, or whoever else , when we were watching a movie.
  2. keep making themselves confused by telling one another, what happens in the movie next.
  3. Keeps asking questions like "Why did he do that" when the actor did something that we didn't expect.
  4. keep making sound effects whenever there was a bomb.
  5. (applies to dad only) keeps switching channels or walking infront of the tv
  6. argue about every single thing, as though there was a parliament session going on. Topics like the supernatural, diseases, politics and even actions of some random people.

And there you have it, how I spent my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment