Saturday, April 18, 2009

Random Updates

A while ago, I told a friend that I found it sickening that almost everyone was getting excited and hyped up about orientation and for poly life to start. Indeed, like most people, he was not able to see through my feelings about not being excited for school. But I don't blame him.


I don't blame any of you who have tried your way in trying to make me see things in a positive, optimistic way.

True enough, poly life would end our torture of uniforms, high socks and 'coconut' foreheads. And not forgetting that we would be able to experience a whole new adventure, of having to meet people from all walks of life, from different part of Singapore, instead of sticking to the buddies you had in secondary school. And who would not look forward to new teaching styles, with high-tech gadgets and laptops. And with attendances checked against your school id card instead of your teaching screaming your name at the front of the class, waiting for you to respond back with a 'Present/Here!'. And then there are the awesome facilities to use; gym, swimming pool, library and whatsoever. And the best of all? You get to pick new, 'better' CCAs than the lame/common ones you had in secondary school.


In fact, I wish to apologize to whoever who have tried to change my mindset by making me think of "happy thoughts" rather than thoughts that piss the optimism out of people. Doesn't it just piss you off that I'm like that? Hahah, it actually makes me happy though, because I see things from a different perspective than others.

True enough, pessimistic views are not necessarily the right way to go. But hey, when there's people who see the glass as half full, you need to have others who see the glass as half empty. That way, the Earth will continue revolving.

But sorry if my pessimistic views influence you into doing the same. That's the last thing that I want right now.


Why am I so hard against myself and poly life? I actually don't know... Maybe I'm depressed or something. But then again, maybe it's just one of those moments where I can't be bothered about what's ahead of me, but rather, what's right infront of me.


I doubt this post would make any sense to any of you. But then again, this blog is like a journal to me, and so sometimes it's filled with 'emotional' posts that make no sense but what it does is that it relieves the stress out of me.


Can you feel how monotonous this post is?


I know most of you have had a blast at your orientation camp, so don't bother telling me about it. Because deep down, I feel like kicking you. How was mine? Well, I didn't attend mine because I didn't want to be sent to "Judgment Day" that soon. But I did attend the "Induction Programme" which was supposed to be compulsory but held no importance in the speeches (in terms of important lectures stuffs to take note) other than the motivational speech given by Mr Kenny Low, founder of Chec and O'School.








Why am I still so uninspired to talk about the "Induction Programme"? Well, it's because I did not enjoy it. True enough it was pretty exciting having to sit there and watch all the slides of poly life unleashing it's powers on the students, and the students going overseas and taking part in various activities.


But what made me fed up the most?


Well, first, Ash and I are not in the same class. I was actually looking forward to working with him in projects so that we could prove to the others that we are the ones to look out for, rather than to be looked down at.


Why am I so mean against the rest despite not knowing them yet? Well, you should have seen the number of stares Ash and I got when we were there. We were looked down with so much disdain in their eyes that we felt pretty loser-ish there. You don't have to speak to someone to know what he/she is thinking, you can see it in their expression. And from how we saw them looking at us, we were surely not welcomed.


Maybe it's because Ash is a guy and it's pretty rare for guys to be in this course. I don't think so, I think it's because of my lip piercing and dressing. They think I'd make voodoo dolls out of the kids than to take care of them.



And you know what's the most sickening bit? It's that there was these two girls who actually made a bet with each other to guess which course Ash was in, ECH or CPEE. And when Ash said he was in ECH, the girl smacked her friend, saying 'See, I told you'.


Hello, like WTF?


But then again, it doesn't really matter to me. Because this just show that people are just freakin' judgmental based on other people's looks. Piercings and tattoos are still not accepted in the society. But if I have to, I want to make a difference to that statement. Watch me, I will.



And Ash, we may be in different classes but fret not, we'll rise to the top man! Time will tell as to who are the great ones and who aren't. And to me, our names are written in all over the word 'Success'. We shall wow them and sting them so hard on their faces, that Botox won't work I tell you.




All that aside, I'm actually thinking of getting dreadlocks again.






Yes, that's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment