Saturday, September 06, 2008

Blog Awards ceremony

Well, unfortunately the judges weren't impressed with my song and I did not win the "Youth Blogger" title. I want to cry so badly...






Hahaha, no, I'm kidding. I wasn't expecting to win, and like I said before it is already a priviledge to be amongst the Top 10 Youth Blogger finalists in Singapore.
I had a great time, especially for the Movie screenings and the Ghost Festival Post.


But,

Congratulations to Cheryl aka. Witch Yuki for winning the Youth Blogger title!


Anyway, the ceremony was great. It was located at the Asian Civilisation Museum and I brought my mum there with me. We entered the River Room and were greeted with Food! Yes, we had a buffet dinner there before the results were released.

The food wasn't too bad, there was a variety of food, but some of them actually fell short of taste. But it was still okay.

After the meal, my mum and I headed out to the balcony for a breather and was taken away by the beautiful scene before us. It was basically just the buildings in Raffles, but it seemed as though they came alive in the Night Life. I looked down from the balcony and saw a beautiful restaurant that had a very "cool" ambience, where guests were seated very much like a Lounge Room, but it was outdoors. It set a very dark atmosphere as the sofas were black and there were minimal light present, only from the BLue glow from the frosted bar table.

I was about snap a photo of it, but before I could, we were actually asked to head back inside as the ceremony was starting.

One reason why I hate going to "gatherings" like this, is because if you hardly know anyone, you would be darn lonely. And for my mum and I, we weren't really paying much attention to it, because we were tired of standing (yes, that's the only critic I have, no chairs!) and we were checking out the different types of people there. David Gan, the famous hairstylist was present, and boy, he sure was one great character!

Anyway, the only person that I talked to, at the event, was the Events Co-odinator for the event. He asked how the Food and Ambience were, and why I was here. He was Hot! Hahah.

But speaking about the ambience, it was really a "romantic" or rather soothing scene, and I especially liked the Lights.


Photobucket

Photobucket


The ceremony ended on time, at nine, and I was one of the "kiasu" ones to leave, and so I didn't stay for the photo-taking sessions.


But once I stepped out of the Museum, a strong gust of wind crossed my path, and blew us to Indonesia + China + Thailand = ?

Photobucket


I closed my eyes, and chanted repeatedly "there's no place like home", and when I opened my eyes, I was at another place!

Check out the White House..

Photobucket


It does look like Singapore's Fullerton Hotel though.. Hmm..


Anyway, I wandered around, and had some lovely chats with the locals there.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Really hardworking, and lovely people. I had a great time there, I even went swimming with a bunch of cute, naked boys! My mum couldn't help but burst into fits of laughter when she saw the little kids' exposed "brothers".

Photobucket


When I got up to dry off, I was mesmerized by a beautiful lamp post

Photobucket




And before I knew it, I was back in Singapore, standing near the Fullerton's Hotel!

Photobucket


The Esplanade, the Singapore Flyer, and some other beautiful buildings.

Photobucket


And the pretty fountain at the Entrance of Fullerton Hotel

Photobucket


It sounds very much like the Wizard of OZ, but this time there weren't any OZ nor wizard. But I was exhausted, and so I headed home, in the magical "Harry Potter" train with my mum.


And that was how my day ended.


Bye, loves.

1 comment: