Thursday, September 18, 2008

Is my BLog Good Enough

This is definitely not a post to add more traffic to my blog, but rather a post to gather feedback from the people behind the screens (hahah).


I've been pondering over it for quite a long time. And I've yet to come up with a final decision. And so, I'd like to ask the people in the cyberworld.


See, I've been thinking of shutting this blog down.


I started this blog with one of the cheesiest URLs in the whole wide world; Lifeisjustlikeadreamtome.blogspot.com.

Yup, that long and stupid. And the posts were mainly about my daily routines where I rant annoyingly and idiotically about the little bums in Life (the twits in my school, back then). Obviously it was boring and soon blogging became more like a chore to me, where I realised that the only people reading my blog was myself, my reflection and close friends.

But I hung on.

I deleted that blog.The Reason


And started a new one, the present one; sitandwhine.blogspot.com

The URL was created mainly due to the fact that I used to think that bloggers were people who sat infront of their computer screens to rant about their horrible day. And so, SitAndWhine stuck with me till now.

Apparently I did not learn my lesson and continued blogging like the same old way, but this time, it was even more boring as there weren't any hot juicy anti-twit gossips to blog about.



Soon after, (after I was exposed to the blogosphere), my blogging style started changing. I still choose to believe that blogging isn't really my cup of tea, but over the years, I've actually grown out of the "ranting" shell and decided to turn the chore of blogging into something more edifying, and that was, to blog with a passion.


Over the years, I have received mix comments about my blog. Some said it was just a waste of space in the blogosphere while some others encouraged me to keep blogging because they were entertained by my posts. I was delighted as I became aware that there are people out there who do appreciate my passion for blogging. But with more exposure to the blogosphere (Thanks to Nuffnang and omy.sg), I was nervous, and was more or so careful in terms I use in my posts. I gained motivation to blog, from the encouragements, and tried to tweak according to the criticisms I received. But, obviously I can't please anyone. And to add salt to the wound, there have been more and more criticisms lately.


It's the traffic of people visiting my blog, but rather the feedback from friends after they had read my blog, that bothers me. Their feedback have definitely discouraged me and although I am hesitant to give up my passion for it, I also do not want to be a mere "space" in the blogosphere.


So is my blog good enough to stay or should I close it down?

1 comment:

  1. Depends on ur passion actually...
    if u like to write or gather/share ideas or make new friends, then blogging is definitely for you...

    Btw, i find ur blog better than most blogs out there. (but i wouldn't say its great either~~)

    ReplyDelete