Saturday, September 13, 2008

What are you implying?

Some heave a huge sigh of relief because the Priliminary Examinations are over, whule others panic even more, because end of Prelims brings us a step closer to the National Examinations. But I guess we should reward ourselves a little, before we have to come face to face with.. The Results.


Anyway, the reson why I've not been blogging lately is because, well, my computer's down. So I have to use either my brother's computer or my dad's computer to blog, which is really uncomfortable, because I feel kinda' restricted. But I'll update as much as I can in a day, which would most probably mean, a few posts in a day.


Anyway, I've been watching the Paralympics lately, and I must say, I am both delighted and disappointed in Singapore.

I am a huge fan of people who turn dreams and goals into reality. And I was delighted that there are broadcastings of the Paralympics, to show to people especially those who discriminate the disabled, that they are not worthless at all.

I am really impressed with the determination of these athletes. Not only have they proven that they can compete in sports like the normal human beings do, they have also proven that they can break records and even do the sports much better than the normal athletes themselves!

I applaud the Singapore athletes who are participating there, for their efforts and determination.


However, I am disappointed in Singapore after I read an article in the New Paper, stating that there isn't day to day coverage on the Paralympics. I mean if Singapore can show a live telecast of the Beijing olympics, and even have Jade Seah say the F-word infront of national television, then how come the Paralympics do not get the same or even better encouragement from Singapore.

I think that the athletes in Paralympics should stand at a higher level than the normal athletes just for the fact that they have proven the judgement of disability, wrong.


Is Singapore implying that we should only support the normal beings and not the disabled ones because disabled are regarded as "nothing" in our society? Is the MRT signs "give up your setas to those who are in need" just a mere saying to impress foreigners that Singapore do care for the disabled? Is there a true reason to why we are only getting updates of the Paralympics and accomlishments through the newspapers, and short telecasts on the television?



Moving on, other than trying to catch a glimpse of the Paralympics, I have been watching alot of 'America's Got Talent' lately. And I think this year, is the year with the toughest crowd, but with great contestants.


Watch the following videos if you don't believe me.

Britney Spears






Who ever thought a guy could impersonate Britney Spears so oddly well? And he does have a HOT body, for a girl.





Tina Turner


Another unique one.







Kaitlyn Maher



I don't think she can sing that well, as compared to a few years back Calbie Talbot, but sh esure is darn CUTE!



David Militello




It's a touching story, and I think he sings much better than Kaitlyn, and he is cute and resembles the Jackson 5!





My FAVOURITES

Xclusive



He proved that the Robot moves weren't out of date, yet.





Ozzy Osbourne



The best impersonator of Ozzy, I've ever seen.






Elvis


A great impersonation of another of my favourite singers of all time, Elvis Presley




Frank Sinatra



Good impersonator of one of my favourite singers, Frank Sinatra.





Emily



Beautiful strong voice.







Nuttin' but strings




Who says violins are for old bald guys who play boring melodies?




If you've got more you'd like to share with me, Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment