Thursday, September 18, 2008

Misery

I received a few phone calls and messages last night. Apparently it was one of the staff for Games Convention Asia 2008. Click Here


I was informed that I had the privilege to be one of the first in Asia to sample the new games in town today(in the whole of Asia in fact)! I was delighted. But as I pressed the keypad of my phone to scroll down and finish off the SMS, I was horrified to find that the reporting time for the Convention was at 7.30am!


I was devastated. I hesitantly replied in the SMS, apologizing that I could not make it for that day or the other days.

See, I am a Secondary Four Student and there Intensive Revision Programmes put up for the Graduating classes. This is the year where students leap for joy or cry in puddles of tears as this is one of the crucial year that can determine your future. Yes, I'm taking the O's this year, and as quoted by my teachers, "Every minute, every second is very precious. Study while you eat, bathe or even have breaks. Time waits for no one."


I kept silent from my family until this morning when my mum saw the dreary misery on my face. I lied by telling her that I was just sleepy, and even plastered a innocent smile on my face. But I guess my mum saw it through. I told her about the news I received yesterday and she was as delighted and jumpy as a Mexican bean. She kept saying "Good lah, go lah. Why you still in uniform?"


My eyes widened as I stared at her in disbelief. "You mean I can skip school to go for the Convention?"

"Yah, it's once in a Life time leh. Not everyone can have the privilege".


Just then, I felt every muscle in my body twitch. Why didn't I ask my mother in the first place?!?!? Apparently it was too late, as by the time I told her everything, it was already 7.15. There was no way I could make it to the Convention in City Hall by 7.30.

And so, I had to go to school, with full regrets that I did not ask my mother for advice in the first place.

I swear, from now on, mummy's the number one person whom I will confide in, one whom I'll ask if I have any doubts, even if it's a small matter.




Mums are such wonders to a kid's Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment