Saturday, September 13, 2008

Games Convention Asia 2008

I remember when I was younger, I was crazy over Nintendo Games. I never could get enough of my Sega Saturn, Playstation 1 & 2 and GameBoy Colour because of all the Fantastic games I was exposed to.

I loved playing Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros., Popeye, Super Spike V'Ball, Super Mario All Stars, Mario Kart, Bomberman, Tennis, Tetris, POKEMON red, blue, gold, silver and all that I can't remember. I especially liked the catridges that had tons of random games for us to pick from.





But a few years later, I was thrown into a whole new dimension, where I was exposed to the computer. From then on, I was hooked on to EA games like SIMS.


But this addiction to EA games did not begin when I was exposed to the computer. In fact, it began far more earlier, when I had the Playstation.

I played games like Batman Begins, One of my favourite, The Command & Conquer Collection especially Red Alert 2 amd 3, Harry Potter (collection), Medal of Honour, Need for Speed, The Simpsons, Another of my favourites, The Sims (I've yet to get the complete set).

These games, The Sims especially, got me hooked onto the computer for hours and hours. And till now, I'm still hooked on to it.


I'm nothing compared to some of my friends who are so engrossed in these games that actually can skip their sleeps and play a fews days long! I wouldn't say I'm a serious gamer, nor am I good at it, but I sure do love to play these games and would be pleased if there were more updates of games from Nintendo and EA.





Well.....



I am actually relieved to know that Singapore actually does have Conventions for gamers to check out and get insights on the latest games!


What am I talking about? Which Convention?

Well, it's The Games Convention Asia 2008!

(Taken from http://www.gc-asia.sg/)

The Games Convention Asia is the first and only platform for the entire electronic game market in Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region. The organizer’s target is to firmly establish what will be the Asia-Pacific region’s biggest convention devoted to digital media, computer games, entertainment and educational software as well as hardware.

The 4 pillar concept of the show is unique – it brings together the whole market chain in only one event. Starting with the Game developers – having their own platform with the GC Asia Conference – over the publishers – finding their place in the business centre – to the casual and hardcore gamer – enjoying the latest games in the dazzle of the public hall.

And the concept works as statistic shows. During September 6 to 9 2007 the first Games Convention Asia attracted 1,000 professional visitors and media representatives and 70,000 public visitors. In addition, 300 international experts from over 20 nations listened to 65 renowned local and foreign speakers during the first GC Asia Conference.






-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The breath taking fascination of the virtual world at Games Convention Asia in Singapore is the must-see and try experience for every keen gamer. GCA is the place to meet for entertainment-interested maniacs in the Asia-Pacific region. Take part in this great adventure!

Local and international companies will use this event to introduce latest games and products to the market during 3 exciting days. After debuting successfully in 2007 the GCA will exceed the previous attendance of 70,000 visitors making this convention one of the greatest in the electronic entertainment sector. Going beyond gaming the GCA will also feature entertaining information, media education and mind-blowing events.



Can't wait to get your fingers on the hot new gadgets?

Photobucket





Wait, there's actually even more!

GCA Games + Entertainment (Public Exhibition Hall)

Duration of the event:
18 SEPT 2008 - 20 SEPT 2008

Opening hours:
18 SEPT 2008 11.00 a.m. - 8.00 p.m.
19 SEPT 2008 11.00 a.m. - 8.00 p.m.
20 SEPT 2008 11.00 a.m. - 8.00 p.m.

Admission for Public Visitor is Free of Charge.
Please note that registration is required.


Drooling already?

Photobucket



Faster, go and register lah!



Even Dr. Vivian Balakrishnan can't get enough of it!




Photobucket




For more info: Click Here




Credits: GCA, wikipedia, photobucket, omy.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment