Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Science Freaks

I have always loved Science Experiments. When I was younger, I would head to Toys R' Us and would pick out those boxes with experiments in them. (Yes, then I would use the 'hug the toy and not want to go home till it's bought' method)

The experiments were basically amateur ones, like cornflour (with water..duh) that prevents an egg from breaking despite being a liquid. And chemistry sets like changing the colours of water in test tubes (back then I had no idea what copper(ii) sulphate was what....)

Till now, I still find the self made fire balls to be the coolest, yet have not had the "mood" to make one yet.





And it was only yesterday that I found more cool science videos on Youtube.

Yes, I love nerdy stuffs too. It's hot.


For the first video, it's something to do with dry ice. I love dry ice, and when I was working in Wall's Ice Cream, I would sneak a few dry home home. I love throwing them on the floor, and then see how the "smoke" spreads all over, like some vampire show.





I only wished the bubble would have formed fully. I'd like to see how it floats or something like that. But this is still cool. And the replay part with it going backwards was nice too. Dry Ice anyone?



The second one. No one said that water can be lighted with fire, till now.





The third one. Have you ever wondered what makes the loud noise (thunder). I was told(back then) that rain was god's way of relieving himself/crying. And thunder is when two clouds bump into one another. But they were too soft to do it, weren't they? So I found out that truth.




Liquid Nitrogen please! It can help to make Ice-cream too!


The fourth one is AWESOME. I love gummy bears but I had no idea that it could form a reaction so COOL. hahah.








And lastly, I want a BristleBot too!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment