Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oh, the drama

I slept pretty late, around 5am, just nice to see my brother get up for work at Civil Defence. And as soon as I dozed off, I was rudely awoken by a huge commotion going on at home. There was a dog barking madly, while voices lashed at one another.

At the first moment, I thought that my dog, Junior, was the dog that was barking madly. But upon seeing him comfortably snugged around my arms, belly up, in my bed, my thoughts drifted off from that.

Could it be a new dog? (We have always wanted to get a female daschund but my dad never really liked the idea. Like me, he has a thing for big dogs. But unlike me, he doesn't like small dogs just as much)

My door was more of the sound proof type and so I couldn't really pick what they were saying, but from the sound of it, it seemed as though hell had broken loose.

Excited that I was getting a new dog, yet angry that my sleep was disrupted, I had my "mean" face put on, before leaping out of bed and into the scene of the commotion; my living room.




Now I was really pissed. There wasn't any dog in sight, nor were there anyone who looked as though they were really to rumble. Instead, I stood infront of my dad (who looked puzzled when he saw me), who was watching his Tamil Drama.


Oh... The drama..


Speaking of Tamil dramas, I think my mum is secretly learning tamil or something along the line. As you all know, my mum's family tree is pretty complicated, by she's directly half Chinese and half Peranakan.

Anyway, since my dad isn't working, he's been watching Tamil Dramas every single day (oh, you'll never know the pain of being under the same roof as someone who watches people in "vaistis"(I have no idea how it's spelled) instead of pants, chase people with parangs. Then there's the exaggerated cries when the woman gives birth. And the best part, the exxagerated throwing, flying, punching and sound effects whenever there was a fight. And did I mention, that the dancing takes forever?


Don't get me wrong. I love being part Indian.

Moving on..


Sometimes, I'd see my mum crying to some scenes and laughing along to some. At first, I thought she was over sensitive, both to the drama and the comedy. But there were a few times when I, being interested in the movie that was showned, decided to ask her what the hell was going on, since I had no idea what they were saying. And she would translate every single thing to me.

Well, I didn't buy her words, and so I decided to ask my dad. True enough, whatever he said, refelcted on what my mum said!

And only recently, she has been scolding my dad in Tamil whenever he irritated her. Hahah. And her communication skills are getting unique now. Back then, it used to be english mixed with Peranakan, Malay, Mandarin, Hokkien and a little bit of Teo Chew. But now, it has included Tamil words that my brothers and I can't help but go "Whaaaaat??" And then she'll go "You all ah, simple things also don't know. What you study? Study so much until brain also botak".

The bitter sweet feeling of being in a family that knows too many languages.



Anyway, last night was truly a moment to remember. I bought lip rings for my brother, Vernon, who also had his lip pierced. And funny enough, he was scared to remove the one he had on, and he kept whining on and on that it was pain. And to contradict that, he said tattoos weren't painful at all. Pfft.

So last night, he and I were arguing back and forth about the lip ring. He didn't want to change it, and after buying it for him, I realized that it looked nice and I wanted it for myself, but he didn't want to give it to me. And the point where we had our long lost cousins who we've not seen for five years, add us on FaceBook. And also This.


See, I've been finding ways to get my brother back into running again. And every single thing I tried failed. But this article really did "something" to him. Maybe just a pinch of sadness+hatred+wanting to train hard again in his eye.

"Annoyed at seeing his name wiped off the record books, the 16-year-old English teenager turned in a fantastic performance in the B Division final as he crossed the line in 49.75sec to break Vernon Vijayan’s 2000 record of 50.21sec and to set the 11th and final record of the afternoon."


My story of him Here.



But after that moment, he just went back to his "I can't be bothered, I need to work on my tattoos" mode. Hahah.


He's crazy, who is afraid of piercings, but not tattoos?




Oh, and I've yet to go for my medical checkup. Ash said it hurts pretty much. I'm scared, after having been to horrible hospitals that twisted my ankle just to get an X-ray of my already fractured ankle.



I hope I can wake up on time for it tomorrow.



Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment