Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers' Day!

Dear Mummy,

I remember vividly of the day that I was born. The instant love I felt when you cradled me so lovingly in your arms. You accepted me without any hesitation. And you cared for me and called me beautiful even though I may not have been the 'Perfect' child.

I remember clearly of the events that happened when I was still too young. But I understand everything now. And I thank you for being there for my brothers and I, for we would not have been able to survive without you.


I remember the times where you brought me for a swim. You had a phobia of the water, and yet, just for me, you went into the pool because I was such a pestering child. I remember how excited I was whenever we had snacks after swimming. I remember the times where you brought us to Toys R' Us to pick our own presents. I also remember how you always fought for us in school whenever our teacher complained about us. I remember everything you did, just to pacify my brothers and I.


A loving mother, you shielded us from all signs on danger, and have even gone to the extreme of putting your life in danger, just for us. You always had us placed as priority, even today. And despite all the many years of suffering, you always emerge as top despite all the struggling.

No words can describe how much we admire you. Your strength, courage, perseverance and of course, your love for us.


Mothers Day Pictures, Images and Photos



But sometimes, we kids just can't seem to agree with how adults think. And I apologize for the many times we made you disappointed, sad and even angry. Words do hurt and I believe that sometimes we say them without thinking about the feelings of others. And for that, I'm sorry.


I remember the day we made you cry. It was on your birthday, when you were 42. It keeps replaying in my head, and I don't think I can ever forgive myself, needless to say, my brothers as well. You don't deserve all this, not when you did so much for us.


It's time for us to spread our wings and take charge, because mummy, you are not any younger. And I promise, that we'll never ever let you down again.


Happy Mothers' Day mummy.



No comments:

Post a Comment