Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Voting sessions end tomorrow!

As I went through the blogs of the 70 finalists of omy.sg, I was struck with the fact that the voting for the favourite finalists, was going to end tomorrow.

I'm sure every finalist, would have the "kan chiong" period, where they're encouraging people to vote for them.

Photobucket




It's really hilarious seeing it, and I can't deny the shame of having the "kiasu Singapore" fever, as I am also one of them, seeking for voters. hahah. But no one can blame us right?

I'm not in the TOP 3 most voted title, and so I can say goodbye to the LG phones. But it's okay(throws knives and glares at winners,haha), because afterall, I believe that all the finalists are here to befriend one another, and to be exposed to more unique styles of blogging.

I for one, have seen many interesting sites, and have actually bookmarked some of them, to keep as personal favourites.


Speaking of votes, I read here...




That a Youth finalist, approached his teacher, seeking her help to ask the school to vote, hoping that the school would support him and another finalist. However, what came back was a shock, because instead of appreciating the efforts of the finalists in aiding in making the school more popular, the finalist's request was turned down.

I guess it's disheartening to know that despite your efforts to make a school a better place, the school in return, "repays" the kindness by ever so gratefully rejecting it.

Unfortunately, my school happens to fall in somewhat the same category, where teachers discourage the students to own a blog. They even brought up the ongoing issue "Dawn Yang Vs. XiaXue", saying that it poses a so-called threat to those irresponsible bloggers, who are waiting for trouble to come knocking on their door. A friend of mine was even asked to delete her blog, because it contained unsightly or I feel, THE TRUTH about the school.


I know that there are some teachers who read our blogs, and I personally feel happy that teachers are making an effort to get to know their students better by being a step ahead of others, and connecting to us through the net.

But I'm glad that I did not approach my school to help me in the votings because I'll definitely have my parents being called up, and at the same time, have to face the teachers and highest in hierachy, to lecture me about the importance of studies, being that it's the O' level year.


But even so, I would like to thank all those who helped vote for me, from friends, to classmates, to schoolmates, to strangers who visit my blog. I do hope that after this voting session is done, there would still be visitors to my blog, not to vote but to continue supporting me in my passion for blogging.






Here's Rihanna's latest MV, Disturbia. The MV is kinda' freaky, it reminds me of "Thir13en Ghosts".








But I think the beats of th song, is nice.


ENJOY!


1 comment:

  1. There seem to be two schools of thought on blogs as far as teachers go: a healthy avenue of expression vs an evil place that contains bad things written about them :\

    ReplyDelete