Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Money No Enough 2 Review

In my previous post, I mentioned that I was all beefed up for the Premier of "Money No Enough 2".


Photobucket


If you have not caught it, I recommend you take a day off, and bring your mom with you, to the movies!

I did not catch "Money No Enough", the first movie, but like they said, whether we missed out or not, the second movie will definitely not be a let down. And it indeed was not a let down!

Here's the synopsis:

Taken from "http://sg.movies.yahoo.com/Money+No+Enough+2/movie/14707/"


Following the success of "Money No Enough" (1998) ten years ago, which is undoubtedly Singapore's biggest box-office hit with an unsurpassed S$5.8 million, Jack Neo along with co-stars Mark Lee and Henry Thia are back in "Money No Enough 2".



I have always been a great fan of Jack Neo's movie because I feel that he represents the entire Singapore as ONE VOICE.

There are many Singaporeans out there who want to stand up for their own rights, "rebelling" against the policies made by the government. Shunning the "efforts" of the PAP to make Singapore a better place. Many fear the Government, thus supporting the PAP. But how many are truly satisfied with the efforts? Like mentioned in the movie, Singaporeans complain, complain, complain. Then when it becomes an issue, they avoid it, because it isn't their problem. And soon enough, when the issue settles down, everyone has to adapt to the changes.

True, Singapore is an independent country, and the people are great. But with the rapid change in the modernized world, Singapore is becoming more Money-minded, and fear for their face and money, than to literally aid in improving Singapore.

This movie speaks of the "silent" Singapore voices that were unable to make a change. It embarrasses us Singaporeans to sit and watch this movie in awe, feeling "why have I not done that?".

It also shows how we, the future generation, be it a working adult, or a youth, tend to neglect our parents. Although our parents tend to give that "don't worry about me, I'm fine. Anything lah.", we should never take it for granted that they are happy where they are. In this movie, apart from the ERP, PAP, it also shows how an elderly mom who suffers from Dementia, who took care of her children, gave up her Life, just because she witness how umwilling her children were in taking care of her, and splitting the money to pay her medical bills.


It's sad to see this happening in our country, one where we thought was safe and clean. But it's mainly because we're ignorant to what's going on INSIDE. I'm glad Jack Neo made the movies that he did.

I would give a standing ovation, if I could.


Jack Neo is like Singapore's very own Micheal Moore.





Not sure who he is?

Click




Click




He's the one man that America's after. The man, who slammed George W. Bush through his documentaries that actually revealed the truth behind September 11th and other shows. I got a glimpse of one of his movie "Sicko" and I am impressed.


Yeah, Jack Neo reminds me of him, Singapore Style. I just hope Singapore government does not ban his movies, because afterall, it's the TRUTH.


Anyway, enough words. I'll the let the pictures do the talking.



The tickets and Magnet from Omy.sg
Photobucket



We were given money after the movie, thanking us for taking time off on a Monday to watch a late movie, that ended at 11.30pm.

Photobucket


No, I lied. They were vouchers.


It was the premier, and so the casts, directors, hosts and lot's more famous people came. I only got a few shots of the actors like Jack Neo and Mark Lee (those who came into the movie screening hall). But actresses like Felicia Chin and the cute LaoZhaBor came! No pictures of them though.

















That's all that I have from the Movie! However, there's more photos that I took at Vivocity!

I brought my mum to the Top most floor, where I showed her the pool, and the lovely scenery leading to Sentosa.

While waiting for the movie to start, I managed to snap some photos which intrigued me.

This is a structure on the Top Floor. I like the intercepting image it sets. And I think the Beijing Olympics got their stadium idea from this? I don't know, you decide.

Photobucket

Photobucket



The place where kids and adults live as one. The playground, where everyone feels like a kid again.

Photobucket

Photobucket



My two new Best Friends.

Meet Predator from the Anime Shop.

Photobucket


And the Blue thing, from one of the structures.

Photobucket





Oh, and I picture that I took on the week before RHD, while Jeanice and I were in Chinatown. We sat in the middle of a road, literally.


Photobucket


Good night!

1 comment:

  1. lmao. I wanna watch it too.
    When will they show it in Msia?
    The 1st film was sibeh funny.

    ReplyDelete