Saturday, July 26, 2008

Friendship

This week made me lose a lot of sleep. Not because of the upcoming exams, or school work, but because I lay in bed drifting in and out of sleep, as I ponder on the importance of Friendship.

For secondary school kids, nothing matters more to them, than their love life, friends, studies and family. This is the age where adolescence often commit suicide because ' they can't live without their other half' and stupid stuff like that.

Life was never meant to be complicated, but it's humans, us, who make a whole complication out of everything. Everyone wished that they could return to the past, when they were kids. Making friends with everyone, be it the Popiah seller, or the Karang Guni (rag and bones) man. As kids, we accepted others for who they are, and faced the world with s big wide smile, living life with purity and simplicity, and no fear at all. The only fear was the boogey-man under my bed.

I've always treasured my friends and used to be in denial that friendships do had to end. Because believe it or not, friends are the ones who shape us into special individuals. It's the experiences we shared, be it a lot or little, and with a pinch of our own personality, that makes us who we are. And the funny thing is that we never realized it.

I never believed in Friends falling apart, only in drifting apart. But time proved me wrong.

Time meant that I grew older, and so many things changed. My face changed, my body changed, and the people around me changed, my Friends changed too.


My primary school friends were inseparable. We were by each other whenever any of us were down. We shared secrets and swore to stay in contact after the PSLE. But now we are separated,drifting further apart. I've lost contact with many of them, and though some are still contactable, we are not as close as last time.

Secondary school friends are treasured. I gained so many friends, but learning from past experiences, I swore never to be too close to anyone, for the separation made me ache more.
And I've been trying to keep my head cool about a lot of things, choosing not to fuss about them. But this week changed everything, I was made to look at friendship from a whole new perspective.

I never thought of myself as one of them to end a friendship. But this week made me feel the moment where I wasn't as eager than usual, to see my friend. Instead I grew more and more upset about the things my friend did. I saw through her motives, and slowly grew uncomfortable around her.

People around me tell me that it's an indication that the friendship is about to end. But I'm holding on. Because as badly as I want to end it, I want to save it. It's an in between feeling.

But will friends stay friends forever?

I've seen people make friends through blogging, and even lose great friends by the same method.


And at every corner that I turn to, I see strangers being friends, friends to lovers, and lovers back to friends and in the end, friends to strangers. It's a strange world.


Let's leave it at that.

But all I can say for now is, love those who love you, and love those you've never loved before. Help make other live life meaningfully, and understand each character before you judge. Let the people around you feel joy, love and be touched by you. For every Life you touch, makes you a better person. Who knows, you might even unravel the mysteries in Life.

And to my friend, I hope things can be better.



Dedicated to Everyone out there.

Love all.









No comments:

Post a Comment