Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

HAPPY FATHERS' DAY!

Dear dad,

            I know that I may not be the nicest child on Earth, and that some of the decisions I make, and the actions I do in life disappoint you. I confess, sometimes, I do these things just so that I can get back at you; for the things that happened then, for the past. However, I realized overtime, that all this is getting me nowhere, and I am through with fighting against you. I used to have so much hatred in me, but I learned that this wrath that I built inside of me is the reason why I am being held back in life.

            I see the effort that you put in to amend things, but I was so childish that I kept digging up the past, being really hot-tempered and stubborn, not willing to forgive or let go. However, this time, I am willing to change. I may not be the cleanest dish in the sink, but I want you to know that from this day on, I want to make you proud; make the family proud of me. I am tired of living of in other people’s shadows, and I am tired of always being the destroyer. I want to let bygones be bygones.

I am sorry that I never considered your feelings.

Your huge and callous hands may not be the comfort that I seek, but these guiding hands were the ones that taught me how to swim, cycle, catch fish, and they also instilled values that I still practice till this very day. I remember of all the hiking and fishing trips, and outdoor adventures that made up a major part of my childhood. I learned so much from those trips, of the general knowledge and skills that I believe not other child had. 
 
Sometimes I wish we could go back to the past.

Nevertheless, I appreciate all the things you and mum have done for me. Because without the both of you, I would not be who I am today, let alone existing. The both of you are the only ones who have watched me grow; from a small young girl into a (big. HAHAHA) independent woman and I hope that my growth and decisions from now on will enable you to be proud of me.





Love,
Kethlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment