Friday, September 18, 2009

A.S.A.P

People at my age are often labeled as 'the generation who is much close to technology than to their parents'. But if you take a step close to look, are we really the tech-savvy generation?


Well, some of us may be. It has almost become a normal routine for us to check our Facebook for updates, Twitter for new tweets, gossip blogs, email, and Youtube so much we have to be reminded to eat our meals instead of the other way round. We get the latest information (much faster than the news) and we are definitely one of the first few to begin sharing them. But then, amidst this tech-savvy generation, lie a few hidden souls and I am one of them.


What exactly am I saying? Well, I am one of the very few in this generation that know nuts about technology. And of all the types of gadgets that I've been dealing with, the simple SMS or text messaging is my one true nemesis. Now it may seem simple to you, but the simple SMS or text messaging from my friends can sometimes leave me in a state of bewilderment.


I am rather 'old-fashion' when it comes to text messaging and would prefer to ignore a text full of short forms than to reply it.


I knew that short forms were becoming 'cool', and never had it cross my mind that I'll need it during lectures (lecturer talk so fast, write one word, she finish lecture already man... but keep writing short form then later don't know how to spell properly), but still I choose to write in full complete words rather than cut them down.


But all this isn't really about whether to make it short form or complete. Over the years, I've come to realize that the short forms are getting even shorter! It seems as though it has become some Da Vinci Code now. Insane!





Anyways, check out this video. Apparently, I'm not the only one who's messed up about text messaging!








A.S.A.P = Ah ma Say Ask ah Pa


I think my mum is going to start using that now!


Till then

No comments:

Post a Comment