Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sungha Jung

I love Youtube and I don't think I can ever get enough of it. An IT project got me to sign up as a user and since then, I've been subscribing to channels after channels after channels (you should get what I mean by now).


And one of the most recent channel that I've subscribed to, is by a 13 year old Korean teenagers, who uploads videos of himself while performing songs using 'Fingerstyle'.


Sungha Jung never seems to utter a single word in his videos yet with his acoustic guitar, he is able to make the songs come to life with the quick yet smooth rhythm of his fingers that simple shows how effortless he does it.


I bet you have no idea as to what I just said, so just take a look at these videos and you'll see why I'm amazed at his talents.


Two of my favourites:

Hotel California - Eagles




More Than Words - Extreme




What's so special about 'Fingerstyle' (to me) is that it allows the person to play the entire song, including the part that is usually sung. It also makes it seem as though 2 or 3 persons are strumming the guitar when in fact, it is only him alone. It is no easy task in learning the 'Fingerstyle' technique but you can Click Here to enter Ulli Boegershausen's channel as he had a tab of uploaded videos that teach the basics of 'Fingerstyle'. I've seen some of his videos as well, and he's just as awesome as Sungha Jung.

Two of my favourites:


Besame Mucho




One of Us




Or you can Click Here to get to Sungha Jung's channel to watch more of his videos!



Now I wanna' learn to play the guitar too!



Till then

No comments:

Post a Comment