Monday, December 27, 2010

Taken from my post in facebook

"    I used to think that change was only possible if I were Miss World, or something along the line. However, I realized that change is possible, and it starts with me. 
     I know that most of you are wondering “what change?”, “who are these people tagged?”, and “why I am even tagged?” Well, you guys all fall under different categories; people who I respect a lot, people who I love dearly, people whom I have lost touch with, and/or people whom I thought I would never hold another conversation with, in this life time. Obviously there is no specific category for everyone, because amidst you guys are some people whom I have not talked to in years, people whom I have never had a disagreement with, and people whom I have never even had a conversation with at all. However, all of you guys are tagged only for reason, and that is, that I am starting on a project and I wish to involve all of you.
     No, don’t worry. It’s not an assessed school assignment, but rather, a personal project. Many of us are often dissatisfied with our lives. I know I am, and thus, I decided to come up with this project. Let’s just put it as a life-changing project involving you and I.   
     Most of you may not know me well enough, but I am, or rather, I was someone whom used to hate the world, the people, and was always out to prove my worth. However, overtime I realized that life is so much more than worrying about the trends in fashion, the hate for others, and even revenge. Because I realized that while I was so caught up with myself, I tend to forget about the people who were there from the start; the people who did not judge or question, the people who trusted me, cared, and supported me. I was oblivious. In fact, I was worse than that. I had a mind of an exaggerated soldier. I hid among the barracks, armed with a machine gun. I not only isolated myself, but pushed everyone away from me, and would shoot at anyone whom I felt was out to hurt me. However, I realized that I was always too quick to jump the gun, hurting the innocent (I know that might sound rather severe, but I couldn’t really think of anything else to better describe what I was going through, so better to have it exaggerated huh :D). That is why I would like to take this opportunity to apologize.


I’m sorry.
I’m sorry that we got off on a wrong foot. I’m sorry for not be there for you. I’m sorry for not listening. I’m sorry that I was always caught up in trying to prove my worth, that I neglected you. I’m sorry that I am always so caught up with what other people are saying about us. Most importantly, I’m sorry for not holding onto what we had, be it friendship, a bond, a connection. 
That is why I’d like to start over. No more hiding, no more fears, no more aggression, just me, and I hope you’d forgive me and start over too.

Hi, my name is Kethlyn, and I’d like to get to know you all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment