Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Can you hear me?

I used to think that teachers, lecturers and educators alike were only people who came into our lives to teach, and do nothing else. However, I was proved wrong by my Primary one (she was with me till primary six. Always checking up on me), three (both of them), four and five teachers (yeah, Primary school life was pretty awesome for me). And not to forget, one of my lecturers in this course that I am attending.


They not only taught me the right from wrong, but strengthened on my values and beliefs, and gave me a whole new picture to expect out of Life. They made me want to be just like them, for the things they do (whether they're proud of it or not) inspire and motivate me. They believed in my dreams and most importantly, believed in me.







They were more than teachers to me. They were able to relate to the things that I was feeling and going through, and could simply read off of me without me having to say a single word. Some may feel that parents are ones who shape up a child, for they are like guardians and pillars of support. These teachers to me, are like the many guardians and pillars of support in my life.


However, unlike parents, teachers aren't there to accompany you as you grow and mature. But the funny thing is, their words will always stay in your head.





No comments:

Post a Comment