Friday, October 05, 2007

Music Talent

I have been blog hopping and realised that every ones' talking about exams. From how it started off,to how it ended, or countdowns or something like that. Well, to make it different, i won't talk about exams here. Although A maths is the last paper on Monday, like whatever yeah?

What I am excited about is actually after the exams. No, I'm not going overseas or go on a shopping spree. I'm actually going to enrolled in a music class!
My mom has surprisingly approved of me taking up a music instrument again. Yes, again.

See, when i was young and was in primary school, i used to play the er hu.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And yes, i was in Chinese orchestra. I never sat in the front row before because in the string section, only the captains got the first row. I got the second row. Hoho. What i loved about the er hu was that it could play all kinds of songs. I loved the oldies Chinese songs where the rhythm were fast-paced and soothing to the ears. The er hu could also play English songs, especially Christmas songs.

I never really got to complete learning the er hu because i was plain lazy, not wanting to go for the lessons and all, but i still did manage to catch up with what the rest were learning.

But somehow after primary 4, i totally backed out of it. Because i was enrolled at causeway point's music school, learning the organ.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I was enrolled in both the Chinese orchestra and organ class at the same age. But my heart took me away from Chinese orchestra and closer to organ. I managed to jump a grade or two when i was taking the grading exams. But I had to quit at 10 years old, because my parents couldn't afford the constant upgrading of the organ. I was sad and pissed off. But i realised that family comes first and self-recreation. And so i quit.

The urge to grab an instrument and start learning about it, came so often to my mind. And at the ripe age of 10, i was exposed to heavy metal music, where i grew fondly in love with the drums.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Drums are great instruments and are also important in a band because they provide the main rhythm and beat. Without the rhythm, no song can be sung, and no tune can be created, unless you're doing acapella.
And the thought of playing the drums by a female was hot. Hahaha, it was cool.

But my parents strongly disapproved and said that i could only take up drums when we shifted to a bungalow in a few years time. And so, i wait patiently.

BUT, aside from the drums, i always fell in love with the electric guitar.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

They were cool but yet again, my parents disapproved of it and thus only allowed me to enrol myself for normal guitar lessons.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am a little disappointed but at least i get to play a music instrument, like finally.

I'm sue this post is getting rather boring. And so, I'll end off with an interesting video.


HOW TO ESCAPE FART. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment