Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ironic

As you can see, I've changed my blog skin. I really like this one, because it makes it really mystical and unique. But I must say, I am a great fan of Fedora_girl. She creates all these magnificent blog skins that you'll fall in love with it immediately. I had a tough time choosing which skin to use, until i realised that this skin was downloaded in my computer a long time ago. And i still fell in love with it when I looked at it again. Hahah.

My brother thinks it EMO. But i think it's Gothic. See, I love Gothic themes. There are some which are pretty much Emo, but they're still nice. Gothic themes are always able to capture that "Moment". Be it a girl standing by the seaside or a girl sitting at the corridor. They somehow, have this great way of expressing things, although their facial expressions are glum.


Anyway, I've been bloghopping lately and I've come to realize that more and more people have been posting up their baby photos. Pretty neat, I should say. I actually have a photo of my baby self, posing in a bikini. Hahaha, I could remember vividly why I did so, it's because of my scary Aunt. I'm sure everyone has a scary aunt or two. Hahaha, well, she made me pose, if not, I couldn't go home. Obviously I cried, and had to pose for her. It pisses me off, but I've come to realise how easily I used to cry and was forced to do things for people. I also found out that my hair was at my butt length. Yes, it was pretty long and I still haven't found the reason why I decided to chop off my hair.


Anyway, I know that exams are over for most of us, and it's probably time to celebrate. But while some are celebrating, many are wrecking their brains to calculate how much they scored for their exams, or are preparing speeches to explain to their parents about how badly they performed their exams. Ironic as it is, I'm just slacking around at home. I have this feeling that if i go out to celebrate, my results would turn bad. And, it was no use to create a speech because if I did badly, my parents would just say "try harder next time loh".

I love my parents for how they respond to my siblings and I. It's pretty unique and sometimes I find it hilarious because instead of lecturing us or scolding us, they encourage us to try harder next time.

Here's a few conversations that I had with my mum, and you'll be the judge.

Mum: How were the exams?
ME: Hahaha, I'll be thrilled if I can pass. I don't think I did well, for any of the
papers, especially Chinese.
Mum: How come? I thought you were great in your sciences, now tak boleh pass already?
ME: Don't know leh. But IF i fail, I already told you the reason, paper hard.
Mum: Put water to make it soft loh.
ME: *stares blankly for awhile*. Wah lau, you supposed to scold me or something, and
yet you still can crack jokes ah?
Mum: Okay loh. *Takes a deep breath*, try harder loh. Scold you also no use. Stupid
Parents then scold. What's the point of pressurizing the child?After go siao ah!
ME: *walks away*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me: Mum, teacher say I passed my Chinese leh!
MUM: Wah, good lah. Wait I tomorrow buy ice cream for you.
ME: Hahaha, pass means must buy ice cream meh? Then if i pass all, you one day buy
one ice cream for me lah.
MUM: Your head lah. It should be you who should buy for me loh.
Me: Aiyah, you sayang me mah.
Mum: Yah. but you don't sayang me loh. I angry then you know.
Me: Okay lah, I buy, you pay okay?
Mum: I might as well stay at home drink yakult loh.
Me: Dont want dont want lah. Action!
Mum: I tell your teacher to fail you for chinese ah. You then action hor.
Me: * I then walk up to her, and gave her that action look, then i sat on her lap.*
Mum: Now lose already, then want me to sayang you lah.
Me: Yah lah. you win, happy?
Mum: of course lah. * big grin*.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ME: Mum, I want to get a tattoo can?
Mum: Okay loh.
ME: Huh? Really ah?
MUM: Yah lah. What's the point if i say no? The more parents disapprove, the more
the child will go against them loh. At least I know that you want to do.
Me: Then I do already, then how to tell Pa?
Mum: Just say loh, kor kor all do, why you cannot do? Then walk away loh.
Me: you also do lah.
Mum: Do where? Backside ah?
Me: *walks away*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, my parents, or rather, my mum is really open minded. And i dont know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment