Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Chinese New Year Goodie goodie

Oh my, my last update was on the 14th Feb and it seems that my blog entries have totally died off.

Anyway, i know that most of you are busy with the Chinese New Year and most of you are probably studying and drying your brain cells for the coming common test.

I'M NOT!

Today's post will be sort of a long one. Because I'll tell all the things that happened to me while i wasn't in school.


Moving on. Damn, i think that's going to be my phrase of the year. Moving on, followed by "where is Andre?"


Okay okay.


Having mix parentage is superb.
I had my angbaos collected from my parents and the aunts from the maternal side. I won't really want to ridicule myself by comparing the amount of money i got from my ang baos, because i only get to collect them from one side of the family. Oh well, i still have Deepavali and Christmas. Hahaha, ass.

The amount was actually pretty little because, one of my aunt and my uncle ain't married. I think they're going to be bachelors.

Anyway, i had a blast for this Chinese New Year, because i was the only under16 who could drink!
And yes, i had about 7-8 glasses of wine in a night, had a chance to taste all the different types of white wine too. Gin and lime was my mum's favourite. It was nice, abit tangy though.
Also got to taste coke with i-don't-know-what-liquor and lime. It was SO nice. My family thinks I'm an alcoholic and might die young some day because of over drinking. But hey, red wine lengthens your life span.


Didn't get to gamble this year. I think that was the only change, other than the drinking thing. Funny though, after all that drinking, i wasn't even tipsy at all.
And drinking shots can really make you spin. Woah, I'll never forget that point of time when i had that shot. Felt like flying!


Okay, and having that unmarried aunt(in case you're trying to guess, she's already 45) who loves to eat and drink liquor, same as her boyfriend(he's a chef), we had alot of GREAT FOOD.

From their famous chicken wings party, to their REAL Abalone Yu Sheng(the thing that you fling in the air as high as possible, before eating it. ), to their PERFECT peppery Shark Fin soup, and their sweet yet sour Tom Yam Soup. My mum complimented on their chilli and blacan fried rice. And there was also strips of meat skewed onto prawns. Their fish was unique and yummy. And we had Spaghetti bologne too!

And that unmarried aunt(i sound so mean), who's working as a floor manager at i-don't-know-where, had brought alot alot alot of chocolates! From hersheys to Cadbury, to Kit Kat to Van Houlten. She had this box of chocolates which were as thin as a card, but it cost as much as a hundred bucks!

When we had to go home, she packed all those chocolates into a bag and gave it to my brothers and i. Hahaha, We are so lucky. And yes, i do enjoy boasting. hahha.

Ohh, and did i mention that she had a chocolate fondue machine? YES!!
If you're wondering what that is, it's the one, which can overflows chocolate like a fountain. Can be found at Metro.

I was so happy to see it, that i never left my place. I was booked, in front of it. Banana, strawberry, MARSH MELLOW is lovely. I went crazy and tried chicken wings with it. Wasn't that nice. I also dip this long strand of fish into it. It tasted sweet,yet FISHY. And i actually lost a piece of banana in the fountain. Fuck.


After all that nonsense, we actually had ice-cream. My brothers and i scooped some chocolate from the fondue and put it on the ice cream. Yes, I'm greedy.



Okay enough about Chinese new year.



When out with my mum and brother Jason today and saw a group of familiar people. Like, berber, liyana, syafiq, ayuni, and other bobahs.

And when i came home, received a call from Mr.Wong. It seems that common tests are around the corner and I'm not back in school yet and he wants me to come back to school to catch up. Oh, who cares? I can't be bothered to pass or fail the tests. My parents don't really bother about my results too. Ad that KOK TEETH would bug me til i remove my cast. And i'm so not going to go to school when every one's having their common test and i'll be sitting at the g.o , day dreaming. So i guess I'll see you guys the week after all that common tests. Then, I'll be taking mine. hahah. Tell me the answers PLEASE.


Oh yah, and the maternal side people labelled me as the most "changed person"! They said i was more FEMININE. hahha, just because i wore skinny jeans and an off-shoulder top. And that was while my leg was still in a cast. Cool huh?


Well, i'll stop here for now..

No comments:

Post a Comment