Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Random Updates

Long Post Ahead


Ever since I was a young kid, I had this attraction towards body piercings and tattoos. Maybe it's because of the exposure to Thaipusam and the many other festivals when I was younger (when I was barely able to walk).




On a site note: Do you have any idea how freakin' heavy the kavadi is?!?

Anyway, after many pestering attempts to convince my brother that I was ready for a tattoo (I didn't need to pester my parents since they have long allowed me to get one. It was only my brothers who were in the way of me getting one), I finally got one!

I added that it was better for me to get a tattoo done by my very own brother than to have some other stranger do it for me. This pretty much convinced them as I was on my way to getting inked!

The tattoo design that I chose came from a well known graffiti artist known as Miss Van.

You can go google her nickname for her biography as well as her works.


I have a folder in my computer that has pretty much all her work that I can retrieve from the net.




The design that I chose was on the very last minute, as I couldn't decide which one to pick. However, I picked this design (below) in the end. And I think made the right choice. Besides, I think it looks pretty cool for a girl to have pin-ups on her body (whaaaaat.. I'm just saying).


It's the girl in the green dress by the way.

My brother was really peeved at my last minute choice (since I chose it on Saturday night, and was going to get inked on Sunday). Despite that, he still managed to come up with an awesome sketch (below).



I was ecstatic as I told him that I wanted vibrant colours rather than the pastel type (from the graffiti). And I even added that I wanted white highlights to make the lips more 'pouty'. And I got everything I asked for.

I was all set to getting inked when everyone began telling me how painful tattoos are, how much blood that will be and so on. Most of it was exaggerated because it was nothing near that.



In fact, I think I kinda' freaked some of the people (who were over there) out because I actually enjoyed the sensation of getting inked. My brother thinks I'm insane, but I enjoyed revealing to these strangers of my attraction to the smell of blood (how I was secretly jumping for joy at the tattoo convention when I smelled blood everywhere), my insane obsession over piercings (I still think piercings, but not too much, are cool. I have yet to see someone get a dermal anchor!) and how I found the inking process to be more ticklish that painful. I even showed them the goosebumps that I had whenever my brother went near the ankle/shin bone.


After an hour and a half, my brother completed the outline. And it actually looked pretty cool just in black and gray.





Bored yet?



Anyway, I think I was a pretty bad customer because I kept getting butt and leg (on the other leg) cramps. And I kept shifting my position as I watched other customers get themselves inked, or have a certain part of their body pierced. Kaypo mah.


After another grueling hour and a half, my tattoo was done!




Initially, my brother was worried that the colours might not 'come out' onto my skin, since I was pretty dark skinned. However, he still stuck to the same colours. And low and behold, the tattoo looks awesome. It'll get lighter and brighter after awhile as it is still in the 'healing process', thus explaining the redness and swells.


Overall, the tattoo process seemed fine. It wasn't as painful as many exaggerated it to be. Although, I must admit, that the shading part was pretty irritating as the fine needle kept tickling my nerves.

The 'dead' skin is slowly peeling away, and I'll soon be able to show my 'sticker-like' pin-up!

Till then.


Oh and just so you know, this tattoo has no meaning or impact to my life. I just love Miss Van's work, so I figured it'll look good on me.

Loves

No comments:

Post a Comment