Thursday, March 06, 2008

Only those who dare to fail greatly, can achieve greatly

The past few weeks have been a wondrous journey to a whole new aspect to life.

A few things that I would like to touch on.

1.The Adam Khoo's workshop "I'm gifted so are you" was fantastic. It taught many new things that could indeed change our life. One in fact, was to have a belief. Having a belief will definitely help one to achieve your goal in life. Failure is never considered a bad thing, but is a learning experience. Change of strategy will definitely switch one back on the right path to success. Our three trainers, Stuart, Danny and Andrea were three of the most awesome people one could ever meet. Their success stories have indeed inspired us to work hard, towards our goal. Techniques were also taught to help us in studying. This workshop is the best and one would regret if you didn't attend it.

2.I'm involved in the debate that is held yearly. My team and I actually made it to the Finals for the Upper secondary category! It was unexpected but i must say that we couldn't have won had it not been for our teachers. Thank you!


3.Today, my class had a meeting on some "issues". Many were unhappy about it and i admit, that I was a little too harsh on my words. I apologize. However, I feel that it's better to say what is bugging your heart rather than to keep things bottled up,when you know that things should be done to make the class better. I'm not trying to pin point here, but i truly feel that if you do have the class at heart, you'll definitely see who is serious about things and who aren't.


4.Today is officially, the last day for all the graduating volleyballers.
Everyone did have a ball of time and many held their tears back because they didn't want the others to be sad. I too, felt sad and wanted to cry my eyes out, but I learn that crying doesn't mend things. Coach told me to think of it this way: Everyone has to leave someway or the other.
My only advice is, to treasure your time with your team, because when it's time for you to leave, you shouldn't look back and think "i should have done something to make us bond/ we should have been closer".
No one is perfect in this game. Never under estimate yourself, because every single one of you do play a part in bridging the gap between all differences. Never compare and say that "I wish I could play like that person". Work hard in achieving your dreams as an individual, as well as a team. I feel sorry that my team didn't make it to the Nationals but we have indeed shown that we are capable of doing great wonders.
There were times when we had disagreements, we argued. But i must say, that this team is indeed the wackiest one i have ever known.
Don't be sad. Be happy that all of us actually became ONE and we shared laughter, tears, and even fear together. Reminisce the past and put a 100% effort into your training and you'll definitely emerge as champions.

I'd like to dedicate a song to all B Div volleyballers. "Check it out"(Inside joke)

When You Believe


The next song actually goes out to COACH and all teachers, if they are reading.


Thank you, especially coach, for all that you have done. I know there were times when we just piss off. We've made you shed buckets of tears for us. But thank you, for being there for us. Thank you for not giving up in us, and in me. Thank you for spending your tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays with us, just to train us. Even though you were injured, you never made that an excuse to not coach us. There have been times when you wanted to give up on us. But you did not. Thank you for believing in us, because without you, we would be nowhere. All of us, are very touched by the efforts that you put in to train us. We are also aware that you actually put your family aside to concentrate on coaching us.
Thank you. You are definitely OUR hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment