Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pet Peeves

You know what bugs me the most? 


People who ask for treats. As in, people who ask others to treat them out to lunch, dinner, or to even get others to buy things for them as a treat.




Definition from Dictionary.com:
to provide food, entertainment, gifts, etc., at one's own expense: Let me treat you to dinner.
 
I always thought that a treat was only counted if the person treating brings it up, and not the person being treated. However, it has become so common these days, for those being treated to ask to be treated.

I know it sounds confusing with a whole bunch of treat here and there. But I just want to say that, asking someone else to treat you just shows how low-mannered you are. After all, treats should be sincere, and as a gift, not because you asked for it. 


It's almost disgusting to see how the future generations are slowly losing their respect for others and manners. 


No comments:

Post a Comment